Where did the Monsters we see in the Fossil Record Come from?

There were many people in Muhammad’s life that martyred themselves for his cause too

But they weren’t dying to defend something supernatural they had seen with their own eyes.

I assume you mean, “for some belief other than Christianity.”

Can you name any?

I’m thinking of the Tibetan monks - I think it’s them - who set themselves on fire to protest the Chinese rule of Tibet… doesn’t do them any good, though. China is not impressed.

I think recently of the Muslims being killed in Myanmar.

That’s fine.

But it’s simply an assumption on your part that you choose to go with, absent any evidence that the spiritual is real.

Although it is hard for my brain to contemplate something without beginning. If energy can not be created but always was I can understand better especially in light of bible passages like this.

Isaiah 40: 26Lift up your eyes to heaven and see.Who has created these things?It is the One who brings out their army by number;He calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power,Not one of them is missing. 28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?Jehovah, the Creator of the ends of the earth, is a God for all eternity.He never tires out or grows weary.His understanding is unsearchable.

What I’m still having a problem with you guys is why you take the leap from something always existing to that something that has always existed being a conscious deity with a distinct personality…rather than just it being existence itself which has always existed.

Why people feel physical existence needs to have beginning but God doesn’t.

Did he always have consciousness I don’t know.

But him creating I have no issues with.

I see as organic computers capable of rebelling against our program or purpose.

Not saying you are wrong…it is hard to contemplate. Yet, people believe God has no beginning. But also if you think more generally about “things”, then “nothing” cant exist by definition. If it DID exist you would never experience it in any way shape or form. Which means there is absolutely no way to ever experience nothing. I posit that means experience is eternal. You will never experience nothing, therefore you will always experience something. And there may be some uncreated field in physics that constantly bubbles up universes for infinity, and “time” begins in each universe at the big bang, but the field that generates them is timeless. Call it “god” or whatever but it’s crazy to think about

To me the big bang was God taking part of His energy to create matter and given how much matter that exists in the universe that would have been tremendous explosion to say the less.

Maybe. Depends on how one defines “God” though. I believe in “God” in a more pantheistic sense

There’s a whole bunch of “philosophers” who postulate a universal mind that creates universes and “breaks up its unified mind” into separate isolated consciousness to “play a game” to keep itself occupied through all eternity (the little bits of mind SLOOWLY learn they are all part of one universal mind, and when The Universal Mind “rediscovers itself”, the game starts all over again).

Not saying I believe it, but it is “interesting”.

That’s pretty badass. Do you know what those beliefs are “classified” under to look into it more?

Who would make the rules governing these minds?

Wasn’t a “bunch” of “philosophers” actually. I had to look up who started it because it’s been a while since I looked into it.

Stanislav Grof…a psychiatrist who dabbled in psychedelics in the 1960s…lol!

Well…I put “philosophers” in quotes…

1 Like

The Universal Mind, of course.

Hmmm one would think a universal mind would agree more.

Obviously you don’t understand what The Game is all about.

There’s no agreement…on purpose.

Religions and christianity sort of touch on the “evolutionary consciousness” element indirectly in terms of going to heaven and being with God. I really love metaphysics and philosophy of mind, always have thoughts about whether or not theres a duality where the “mind” and physical evolve at the same time and that death is an evolutionary “ladder up”. A lot of holes to poke I to it but it’s fun to think about from a philosophical perspective rather than through religious allegory and personification.

And I didn’t mention one of the most important and significant things: that God loves you. Every one of us. He loves us more than we love ourselves. Even the worst sinner. He loves each one of us with a constant and unwavering love. Even when we sin.