Where did Angels come from?

Perhaps magic is just an explanation for events one cannot understand or fathom?

Nimrod was the first man on earth to be a “mighty man.”

Genesis 10:8 "Cush became the father of Nimrod; he was the first on earth to be a mighty man. 9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; therefore it is said, “Like Nimrod a mighty hunter before the LORD.”

This was the period on earth before the flood.
“The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterwords, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.”

The Nephilim could be those who fell away from God. The apostates. Maybe these antediluvians were giants of wickedness, rather than their size. That would explain the Lord saying this “The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continual.” God said this before He destroyed the earth with the flood. Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives were the only ones to escape with their lives.

The Nephilim perished in the flood.

1 Like

Missed this before. Some people use the term magic for that, but not I.

As far as a virgin birth goes, I’m open to the idea of asexual reproduction being a rare occurrence that may one day be observed. I’m also open to the idea of legends being intertwined with historical facts. Nothing about Mary’s circumstances changes anything taught by Christ. The Good News remains.

1 Like

From where all the gods came from.

Our imagination.

Regards
DL

I’ve been delving into NDE (near death experiences). Pretty fascinating.

The book that peaked my interest is the story of Eben Alexander. A diehard scientist/neurosurgeon that had an NDE.

Proof of Heaven, by Eben Alexander, who writes about a near-death experience he had while in a week-long coma brought on by meningitis

1 Like

My last NDE was the most realistic thing I’ve ever experienced. Way more real than anything I’ve experienced “here”.

1 Like

Most are. A very common theme. :wink:

1 Like

Generally NDE experiences have a sense of, “I’ve been here before,”. It’s because you have been there many times before.

There is a Buddhist term “Stage of Non-retrogression,” This is when you stop forgetting.

1 Like

Wherever I was, it was definitely “home” as far as I was concerned. A huge sense of satisfaction and belonging, while having absolutely no memory or reference to me in this form, Earth, Afghanistan, anyone I knew, etc…

I love the idea of going back.

1 Like

Tien-Tai the Great, (6th century) who rekindled the main meditation style that once again, since the time of the "Thus gone one " (“Tathagata”) spread throughout Asia and the world, spoke of grasping after “mere baubles”.

This is why I mentioned, “The stage of non-retrogression.”. is fundamental. It has other names. “Platform of the Path,” or Tientai (Chi-I) also called it, The body is “the palace of the ninth consciousness.” or the “Throne” which undergirds the Supreme Enlightenment.

"…the unchanging reality that reigns over all of life’s functions. To be endowed with the Ten Worlds means that all ten, without a single exception, exist in one world. Because of this it is called a mandala. Mandala is a Sanskrit word that is translated as “perfectly endowed” or “a cluster of blessings.” -Sun Lotus 13th Century)

The 8th and 9th consciousness is pertinent here
(8) ālaya-consciousness (ālaya-vijnāna), and (9) amala-consciousness (amala-vijnāna).

The experience of seeing the past present and future is in the 8th consciousness. The pure consciousness or 9th consciousness is the past present and future in the single moment…

But when you pray, go into your room and close the door and pray to your Father who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask. (Matthew 6: 5-8)

1 Like

I don’t think a NDE is quite the same as feeling you’ve been somewhere before.

There are many degrees of NDE’s, Ego death and visionary experience or even tiny, deja-vu’s, any experience where one feels they’ve “been here before,” is related.

I have one of those Deja-Vus everytime I try and reason with a Lib… :grin:

1 Like