Where are we, prophetically speaking?

I find the writings a bit boring, much like reading the King James Bible. Listening to monks and gurus speak though, I could do that all day. I’ve been on a spiritual journey since around 2015 when my mind and body were at their worst, and everything I’ve picked up so far has been from YouTube of all places.

My three favorite teachers are Alan Watts (by far), Ram Dass, and Sadhguru.

What makes you think things will get better? Do you see and end to the rioting? An end to Antifa? If Trump is reelected, do you see peace coming? If Biden is elected, do you think he has the ability or even the will to bring peace? I don’t. You believe all this noise is about a black man murdered by a bad cop? That was an excuse to start this, not a reason. Do you think the timing of this pandemic is coincidence? What’s going on isn’t just affecting our country, it’s happening everywhere.

The Bible talks about one man who will rise to power who will convince the world that he is the peace bringer, and the world will wonder after him. But before he comes to power, there are things that are going to happen. The leadership of America has to end, one way or another. I believe we’re seeing it…

I believe so too. Scripture says the sun and moon will be darkened, it doesn’t say they will come back as they were. It also says the wind will stop. So much for all the windmills around the world. Other world wide catastrophies are mentioned. God does use natural means at times to bring about his will. Who knows? The Yellowstone super volcano could erupt or maybe California will finally become an Island. Or perhaps an encounter with a large body passing by Earth. God doesn’t specify the how, or the when, just the what.

But, if we have Spiritual existence in Heaven, when do we lose our glorified bodies?

We are spirit and physical body now; wouldn’t we be spirit and glorified body then?

When that natural disaster hits the planet, people of that day are not going to be wondering if it is end times for the planet–they will know.

Meanwhile, think of Stephen, the first martyr. Upon his death, he did see Jesus there to welcome him. In the same way, I believe each of us will see Jesus welcoming us.

Jesus’ mission was not to prepare us for end times, rapture, or the follies of national politics and world governments. He spent his time teaching how to live in the here and now, in our own tiny personal world/community. He taught us how to bring piece into our own personal world, not to the planet. He basically flat out said that’s not going to happen, but in our own world we can make a difference and that difference will spread into the world.

No one knows when their own world will end, but we are not to fear, Jesus will, in fact, come again, and he will have a place prepared for us.

Therefore, let’s not be bothered by this planet’s silliness when there is so little we can do about it. However, in our own world…that is where we can make a difference, especially when we are following the teachings of Jesus.

2 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate this.

1 Like

God creates some beings with free will and intellect. We learn from seeing the consequences of our own and others mistakes. The angels that rebelled , I dare say, are not the objects of the good angels’ envy. And I doubt the good angels now see any good in rejecting the will of a good God.

Likewise, once God judges mankind, I doubt any will see an upside to abandoning the will of the good God. If someone does momentarily , the sacrifice of Christ is a perpetual sacrifice. It will also allow forgiveness to repentant humans in the new creation.

When studying Scripture, it is good to remember that Bible history is not about this universe. It is about redemptive history.

Scripture does not speak of the “end of time” or the “end of the universe” except when it does so figuratively when speaking about kingdoms and governments with their rulers.

The END spoken of by the prophets is the completion and the perfection of God’s redemptive plan.

Bible HISTORY ended with the completion of redemptive history.

We have been redeemed. Our redeemer is Christ Jesus. If not, then His death was in vain.

Luk 24:44 "Then he said to them, "These are my words which I spoke to you, WHILE I WAS STILL WITH YOU that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled."

Jesus’ mission was to fulfill all prophecy. He did not fail His mission. He said he “fulfilled everything that had been written about Him” while he was on earth.

“He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,” Hebrews 1:3

God’s upholds the universe by the same powerful word that He created it. That is something we don’t have to worry about.

God has done His part. Our part is to trust God and live a life that is pleasing to Him. That is all we have control over.

The stars fallen?
The sun and moon darkened?
The Lord come on the clouds?

Have all these things happened? Yes, but not literally. They occurred 100s of years before Christ was born on earth.

Prophet Isaiah warned Babylon with the imagery of how God would deal with them.

“Behold, the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the earth a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it. For the stars of the heavens and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be dark at its rising, and the moon will not shed its light…therefore I will make the heavens tremble, and the earth will be shaken out of its place…” Isaiah 13.

God’s fury against the nations, “Their slain shall be cast out, and the stench of their corpses shall rise; the mountains shall flow with their blood. All the host of heaven shall rot away, and the skies roll up like a scroll…And the streams of Edom shall be turned into pitch, and her soil into brimstone. Night and day it shall not be quenched; its smoke shall go up for ever.” Isaiah 34.

These things were fulfilled years ago when God overthrew orders, systems, and nations and those rulers and dignitaries associated with them.

Literally? Were they literal? Is an argument necessary?

On Mount of Olives, Jesus told his disciples of His coming and the close of the age. In dramatic imagery like that used by Isaiah and other Hebrew writers, He told them, …

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken; then will appear the SIGN of the SON OF MAN in heaven, and then all of the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory; and He will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect rom the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

Have those predictions been fulfilled? Yes. Without question. Unless you doubt Jesus or the accuracy of the Scripture.

After Jesus said those words, he declared, “Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.” verses 34-35

That generation passed with that old heaven and earth. There is a new heavenly rule and God has new people on earth. His words still stands. If not, we are still in our sins and they must be covered with animal sacrifices.

Luke identifies the time of the fulfillment of these predictions in Luke 21:20-33

Isaiah warns: “An oracle concerning Egypt, Behold the Lord is riding on a swift cloud and comes to Egypt.” Isaiah 19:1

The people that these warnings were for, understood the highly dramatic veiled language of the Old and New Covenant. The symbols used in the language was not for the purpose of appealing to today’s audience. God’s people understood the language that was veiled from their enemies.

Scripture is it’s own best commentary. God’s people of the New Covenant had the Old Covenant Scriptures and they understood the language. Disciples today have the Old Covenant Scripture but they don’t study them, but still claim to “rightly divide the word of truth.”

Interestingly enough, Jesus came on the scene at the dawn of the Age of Pisces (the Fish).

We are now transitioning into the age of Aquarius (Light of God).

1 Like

I did not know that. It is interesting.

1 Like

This is the dawning of the age of aquarius. We could could sure use that peace guiding the planets and love steering the stars anytime now though…

1 Like

Before the Age of Pisces was the Age of Aries (god of war). Very famous ancient wars, the exaltation of masculinity, heroism, and the sacrifice of sheep. Rome, Greece, etc…

Before that was the Age of Taurus. Bull worship. Egypt, Mesopotamia, etc…

The zodiac ages are reflected in all ancient cultures and religions.

Mom wouldn’t let dad plant anything in the garden unless the signs were right.

My aunt says the signs are right when the ground is dry and she is not too tired. LOL

2 Likes

Mystery Babylon has yet to fall, but its demise is in the works.

Jeremiah51:14 -
The Lord of hosts has sworn by Himself:
“Surely I will fill you with men as with locusts
And they shall lift up a shout against you”

Hence the ongoing invasion at our southern border.

I think Ares is the Greek god of war (in Latin - Mars), and Aries is the constellation of the Ram.

What city was the only city to be called the "once faithful city" in Scripture?

What city was “once a faithful city” that “became a harlot?”
Isaiah 1:1 & 21

What city “played the harlot?” Jeremiah 2:2 & 20

What city was a “harlot,” “with abominations?” Ezekiel 16:2, 15:17, 22, 25-26

What city was described as “beautiful with fine clothing and jewelry?” Ezekiel 16:2, 10:3.

What city did Jesus say “stoned the prophets God sent to them?” Matthew 23:37 and Luke 13:34

What city did Jesus say the prophets perished in? Luke 13:33

Who would be "accountable for the blood of the prophets, according to Jesus? Luke 13:33

Jeremiah identified the city. What city did Jeremiah say in his prophecy that would cease to have a voice of mirth? The voice of gladness? The voice of the bridegroom? The voice of the bride? The light of a candle? Jeremiah 7:34

That was the same city described by John in the Revelation 8:22-23.

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft [he be], shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; 23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Who was “Mystery Babylon.”

Why is it still called “Mystery?”

John wrote the Revelation before this “once faithful city” “turned harlot” was destroyed in A D 70.

Yep, when Judaism was coming into the world.