Where are the arrests for showing up at Justices homes?

The George Floyd protests that sometimes turned to riots sitting right there too.

Yes, the FBI may need new instigators to create felony charges and months of detentions without trial.

On the other hand, I doubt that the protesters at the justice’s homes have been following the Ray Epps story. The FBI may be able to recycle him without notice.

1 Like

On the other hand it could be that people sometimes riot.

I wanna see Brett do this.

4 Likes

“Find out how Supreme this court really is!”

3 Likes

The disgusting doxing of the Supreme Court Justices is only the latest example.

The murder of Esther Salas’ son during an assassination attempt against her.

The intrusions into residential neighborhoods during demonstrations, such as the one against the Drill Sergeant who engaged in racist behavior near his house.

There are two necessary solutions.

1. Daniel’s Law

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/2340?q={"search"%3A["\"Daniel\""%2C"\"Daniel\""]}&s=4&r=5

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/4436?q={"search"%3A["\"Daniel\""%2C"\"Daniel\""]}&s=5&r=6

Senate and House versions of Daniel’s Law, which would require information about Federal Judges and certain other person’s to be scrubbed from the Internet and would make it illegal to publish such information. I would go farther and require that if anybody doxes a Federal Judge or other protected person and that person is subsequently assassinated or injured, the person or persons doing so would be considered accessories to the assassination or assault and battery.

1. A categorical ban on demonstrations in residential areas or at least create dead zones around protected persons residences.

The First Amendment is NOT absolute. Congress cannot discriminate between types of speech or political views. It CAN categorically prohibit demonstrations in certain areas, as long as the prohibition is categorical.

The better solution is simple to keep protestors out of residential areas period. I believe that both Democratic jurisdictions (such as Los Angeles) and Republican jurisdictions (such as Florida) have taken action in this direction. Demonstrations are permitted in public commons areas, commercial areas and industrial areas, but restricted in residential areas.

No person, whether a public official or a private person, should ever have to face demonstrations at their home. That is not legitimate speech, it is threatening and harassing.

Government can and should categorically prohibit such behavior.

(Note: In proper deference to private property rights, I would not restrict the ability of a private property owner, within the confines of his private property, to place a sign or passively demonstrate with or without a sign. For example, if John Smith lived four houses down from a Justice, the general prohibition would NOT apply to him while he is ON his own yard. He could not walk out into the street or towards the Justice’s house, he would have to strictly demonstrate while behind his own private property line.)

1 Like

I believe existing statute already makes this illegal, your thoughts?

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/USCODE-2010-title18/html/USCODE-2010-title18-partI-chap73-sec1507.htm

But I also support the ones you outline.

Interesting, Brother Safiel… We should not dox others and cause a miserable living enviroment. What we may need is a spirtual reawakening of America, too. Catholic Church and Mothers are also under attack from the woke folks.

3 Likes

I would simply cover religious buildings in the same way as residential.

Now for business, it would be case by case.

I would permit exclusion zones around abortion clinics and gun stores, IF harassment is reaching a level where the business cannot effectively function. Case by case. Exclusion zones are permissible IF done categorically (without reference to type of speech).

There is a lot of merit to your post

What about people that rent apartments above businesses or apartment buiding inside a business district?

What about the first amendment?

That is a potential issue. For the most part such people are not going to be drawing demonstrations and hopefully it would never be an issue. If it did become an issue, I suppose it would have to be dealt with case by case. But I think such cases would be exceedingly rare. People living in such accommodations are unlikely to be drawing protests.

Everything I have proposed is fully consistent with the First Amendment.

So was putting protesters in literal cages far away from what they were protesting and calling them “free speech zones” for like a decade.

I’m not super eager to repeat that one, even with all the nonsense going on. Also, absolutely insane public protests of government officials started before we became a country and have literally never stopped.

1 Like

That merger was a real soup sammich. Apologies. :thinking:

Yes, people have been engaging in violent protests for years with little or no penalty.

Protesting while offending Democrats is the crime that results in felony charges and pre-dawn FBI raids.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Who was convicted of attempted murder? I missed it.

1 Like

Except for the part where they rioted while offending democrats.