Where are the arrests for showing up at Justices homes?

How is this not every bit as bad as the Jan 6 protesters who didn’t assault cops? Where are they on the FBI most wanted list? Curious minds want to know.

12 Likes

And before someone says they have that right, no, they don’t.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/USCODE-2010-title18/html/USCODE-2010-title18-partI-chap73-sec1507.htm

5 Likes

I am with you on this, insofar I don’t think people should be harrassed at their homes, work*, restaurants, etc.

*of course protests are allowed at the Supreme Court building itself, but as an example: a state rep. shouldn’t be hassled at their day job

You might want to read the statute.

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

4 Likes

It’s not legal for angry mobs to show up outside courthouses to try and influence their decisions, nor should it be.

6 Likes

Dude. Peaceful Protest is allowed at the Supreme Court building.

Not according to federal statute if the purpose is to exert influence on their decision which this obviously is.

3 Likes

You are just wrong. Peaceful protest is allowed at the court

Hmm, believe you or an actual federal statute, decisions decisions. It would be fine, after the decision has been handed down, not before.

1 Like

I was actually just about to post a thread on this, which I will still go ahead and do, but mine covers a bit more ground (Daniel’s Law).

But yes, people should stay the ■■■■ away from other people’s residences.

5 Likes

Feel free to have this merged into your thread if you like, I am aware you have more knowledge in this arena.

2 Likes

They probably won’t need to be merged, again I am covering some additional ground unrelated to the core of your thread. :smile:

1 Like

Ok just usually better to not be arguing the same thing in multiple threads.

That is true.

If the mod’s want to go ahead and merge them, I will leave it up to them.

1 Like

Looking forward to yours even though it will probably make me look bad heh.

2 Likes

Hehe.

2 Likes

Yes, where are the predawn FBI SWAT team raids?

Where is Ray Epps when you need him to defend democracy?

Where are the impeachment proceedings for the President who has openly supported the attack on democracy?

3 Likes

Would Ray Epps be of import if nobody listened to him? Are they entering those homes or protesting outside?

There’s only so many times you can explain the difference between people being annoying and people trying to kill Congressmen.

3 Likes

Or the difference between a protest and a riot.