When will you apologize to Seth Rich?

And who??? spread the conspiracy??? To the point of being sued by the family???

1 Like

Got real quiet around here tonight

Has the FBI ever actually examined the hacked DNC server?

They have the forensic images, yes.

And obviously the DNC server itself was a virtual one (cloud based), not some lone physical box.

The FBI submitted a lengthy report after examining the server data, detailing exactly how Russian hackers moved through and accessed the DNC servers. It’s in the indictment they filed iirc.

Isn’t it both? Isn’t the cloud a storage center for the “lone physical box”?

No.

There were around 140 servers in the DNC network, many of them being cloud-based and some not.

The DNC didn’t own all of them by any shot either, so even if they wanted to destroy their entire network and hand it over to the FBI during an election (which would be insane), they couldn’t.

Standard procedure is for the crisis response teams to take virtual images of ALL data on the network, which is what they did. Perfect copies.

FBI has those images, they’re all cryptographically signed and catalogued. They’re a perfect snapshot of the servers at the time of their hacking, something which cannot be preserved in any other way than imaging.

1 Like

Thanks. Can you explain this, then?

Yup, from what I recall the FBI wanted to hover over the servers and track the hackers in realtime. This is during an election season and would be disruptive to say the least to the DNC.

The FBI’s job in this scenario is to investigate and find the hackers, whereas an entity like crowdstrike is there to snapshot all the data and get the system back up and running again ASAP.

…and the lead investigator heading this up was Peter Strozk?

I can’t find anything listed him as in charge of the investigation, but he was involved at some level. Why?

That info might be listed in the indictment filed against the hackers, but I can’t be arsed to read through it all. Here it is if you want to take a looksee:

Thank you Mole.

The reason I ask these things is because it’s more involved…as you’ve clearly pointed out than as if all of this suddenly got cleared up. The Awan brothers were involved and had access. They had access while in Pakistan. It’s my understanding that their server hasn’t been recovered.

Absolutely not. And without the physical server it’s impossible for them to know anything. I’m in IT and know this as a fact.

Mr. Never-Trump Leader of the Deep State himself and his queen of the Deep State and lover Lauren Page. They both can rot for what they pulled on Trump. They should be tried for treason and hung. Right?

That’s all that really matters. Its powerful on TV.

At this point, what difference does it make?

And btw and ftr, I never promoted, suggested, insinuated, postulated, or discussed the possibility of hillary being responsible for his death.

Glad to hear they solved the case.

Not really. FBI wanted access to the data, to see who breached, but the DNC didn’t want the FBI touching the server so (under a Dem president and DOJ) a priavate company was the only one with access at any time to information on the server.

The bureau made “multiple requests at different levels,” according to Comey, but ultimately struck an agreement with the DNC that a “highly respected private company” would get access and share what it found with investigators.

It still is being pushed.

And I bet some still believe it.

What I believe is there are many, many, many unanswered questions regarding Seth’s murder such as…who did it? What’s trying to be sold here is that this has all been solved and that….is fake news.

Dunno, but there is a small sector of people who truly believe that Hillary Clinton directly ordered the murder of Seth Rich.

What’s being sold is that the conspiracy theory that Democrats were behind it is bunk.

What’s worse is that vile human piece of garbage, Roger Stone, helped peddle the conspiracy theory. I hope Seth Rich’s parents get to sue Roger Stone for millions upon millions of dollars.