When This Is Over

I see it as a chicken-or-egg paradigm. Regardless of which fuels which, right now they perpetually feed off each other.

I wish we had a system were more than 2 parties actually had a shot at winning. However, the middle of the road voters need to take responsibility for the huge political divide we have right now. Most of us just go about life and hopefully show up to vote every 2 years. While people on the left and right are politically active all the time.

They’re flirting with a digital dollar. The conversation may be moot.

Digital currency terrifies me (in terms of having 100% no paper currency). Having said that I don’t understand the technology.

Not sure either, but I suspect it would tie you digitally to all your assets. A virtual credit card that you would lose and gain as you spent and produced.

The money isn’t real anyway.

In 1964 (the year before they stopped making silver quarters), the minimum wage was $1.25 per hour.

A 1964 silver quarter weighs in at 6.25 grams and is 90% silver and 10% copper.

5 silver quarters comes out to 28.125 grams of silver and 3.125 grams of copper.

Leaving out the 3 grams in copper, the current market value that I’m looking at, for those same 5 quarters, is $13.03 in silver.

It was $18.99 this past February.

What’s a copper-nickel alloy quarter worth these days? 25 cents?

Whatever though, your digital wallet will be directly related to your Social Credit Score.

:man_shrugging:

Reminds me of the movie with Justin Timberlake that had a clock in your arm. In Time.

1 Like

Kind of, but to me it reminds me more of China’s current Social Credit System.

Acting like an undesirable? No public transportation for you!

Political activist? You’ll be renting your house in the ghetto now!

Oh, a Meme Master are you? Dialup speeds only!

1 Like

I can’t wait to hear Democrats heap praise on Trump for massively reducing the deficit next year.

I can’t wait to hear Republicans criticizing Trump for massively and historically increasing deficits since day 1 in office

2 Likes

Eventually you have to accept that “fiscal conservatives” want to destroy the economy for reasons. This has been going on almost ten years now.

It’s already in plenty of places on this very board. I know you’ve seen them.

He will only have about 19 days to do that…

I haven’t seen any real criticism beyond “well I don’t like it or both parties do it”. Certainly not the rage tea party ptotest screams that happened under Obama

Me too. You’re one of the few people I’ve heard even bring this up. When you compare how much actual paper money is out there compared to digital it is frightening. Especially when it’s not backed by anything but confidence.

At least you can whipe your butt with physical currency

Paper money and digital money are both backed by confidence.

At this point, yes. But paper money can’t simply disappear.

But without public confidence, it’s just paper. Might as well wrap your fish in it.

Right. But it’s the last to go.