When the iron fist of government is used to compel you to take the Covid vaccine …

Hutchinson is a moderate, so I wouldn’t exactly lump him in the same category as the other two. I won’t vote Democrat but I’ll happily primary Abbott after this debacle.

The problem is CDC communication and message.

The vaccine should sell itself.

Wait, what? What more could the CDC do to convince people that the vaccine has no magnet, no microchip, and that it won’t cause anyone to grow a third testicle or ovary?

1 Like

What should happen to Biden and all those abetting him for deliberately murdering Americans by releasing covid positive illegals into the US?

I don’t care, personally, if you try to peddle that snake oil my way. But, in the interests of amity and neighborliness, you should know right at the outset I’m not buying.

Well, in the interests of justice, you should stop applying the standard you are using to call conservatives murderers if you are not willing to apply it to everyone.

1 Like

For eighteen months you guys have been downplaying covid as just another flu that can be magicked away with CrossFit, smoothies and malaria pills and now you want the rest of us to think you’re super serial, guys because it happens to coincide, for a political minute, with your longstanding desire to trebuchet migrants into the ether?

Like I wrote: not buying it.

2 Likes

OK. Doubling down on double standards for you. Don’t be surprised if no one takes your professions as sincere. Why would they?

1 Like

Check the argument above for the word “conservative”.

That was a lot of fluff without any stuff.

The CDC has a mission and is the focal point for pandemics. Of course it is the CDC message that is the problem.

We need to fix it.

:man_shrugging:t3:

An appealing and consistent message with a clear GOAL would really help.

This is just some of that anti-CDC rhetoric that’s going again. There’s literally nothing the CDC can say or do to convince the conspiracy theorists, who have been told by their favorite radio hosts, tv hosts, memes, and blogs that the vaccine is dangerous.

Imagine that right-wing media, leaders, politicians, and media sources spent the last 6 months encouraging the right-wing base that the vaccine is safe rather than sewing misinformation and waiting until Delta started sweeping many right-wing areas for them to finally start changing their tune and encouraging people to get the jab.

What’s even more amazing is the braggadocio we saw from Trump supporters about TRUMP VACCINE, OPERATION WARP SPEED, TRUMP THE COVID SAVIOR, and now that very same base refuses to get vaxxed.

No, it’s preposterous of you to try to blame the CDC for vaccine hesitiancy/refusal.

Ownership. The CDC owns the message and the outcome.

I am paying for this ineptitude and not at all pleased.

What happened to trust the science and trust the experts?

That would be the CDC.

:man_shrugging:t3:

Sewing mistrust in the government is the brand. The crazy thing is that it comes at zero political cost.

It is easy for those conservative elected officials and pundits to actively break government institutions and when they don’t work they can point out how they don’t work.

2 Likes

That was dumb.

The ineptitude comes from those sewing distrust around the vaccine, not those trying to get people to take it.

We JUST talked about this:

It’s amazing, isn’t it?

@Camp would have us believe that it’s not the fault of the people DIRECTLY telling Americans NOT to take the vaccine, but the people offering it for free who have spent 6 months trying every possible angle to get people to take it.

1 Like

Try a more simple and achievable goal.

People like goals, not infinite bloviating.

There have been achievable goals.

Like Biden’s goal of getting 70% of adults vaccinated by July 4th.

When that goal was not met, people at CPAC applauded the failure.

1 Like

That was tried. We didn’t reach it because right-wing media and politicians spent the last 6 months telling their base that the vaccine is dangerous. States tried bribing people. Employers offered bonuses, PTO, etc. Anyone can walk into Walmart and get the jab. For free. And they even get some immune boosting gummies and water drink mix with electrolytes.

Regurgibleating “CDC sucks, all their fault” just isn’t going to make it true.

We’re sitting here in real time watching anti-vax right-wingers on their deathbeds begging people to get the vaccine as their finals pleas in life.

Blaming ANYONE but those who spread anti-vax rhetoric makes you part of the problem. By trying to blame the CDC, you’re part of the misinformation campaign.

A better border policy would also help that goal.

Make a new one…sell it all nice like without the tough talk.