When It Is All Better

Sweden isn’t what it used to be and way less hospitable to expats since 2015. One will get a totally different experience living in Sweden than they would traveling to it, think working in Japan (Did that for six months). What you want isn’t going to happen with 100 different identity groups wanting to be treated in different ways.

Swedes start paying into their social safety net system early and they pay a lot which is why they swiftly closed the doors to immigration around 2016 because it was simply crushing their safety nets. The left wants non stop immigration not a big social safety net like Sweden and Switzerland you can’t have both pick the one you want more. Sweden found out the people coming in were taking out a lot more than putting in which doesn’t take and economic expert to figure out.

We’re not Sweden or Switzerland we are ratatouille.

9 Likes

Me? I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking.

This is why I do not answer stupid questions.

How is it a stupid question?

You posted a picture of a book with “universal basic income” on the cover.

5 Likes

If the Democrats actually wanted Sweden, they’d enact strict immigration controls that benefit the nation to create a sustainable social welfare system. However, they have no intention of doing that and decree that it’s racist to argue math, so their true intent isn’t much of a mystery.

7 Likes

It’s not size.

You just named off two mostly mono cultures. They all speak the same language, there are very few cultural differences and without those differences there is low cultural conflict. Even political conflict is relatively low in Scandinavia and Switzerland. Of course there is the old “French Swiss vs German Swiss” debate, but ultimately they are more culturally unified than we are.

The US is a completely different use case. In reality, we are about twelve different nations with disparate cultures who have entirely different ideas on how a country should be run. If you want to run the US from the top down, you’re going to have to use tyrannical rule. Because none of the nations will agree on much of anything. Fundamental differences.

4 Likes

Read the book, and we can discuss.

My list is full. If you don’t want to discuss, buh bye.

1 Like

Of course it is.

Stop trolling please.

8 Likes

Short term? Fits and starts as we get rid of bad ideas. Long term? It looks great to me.

Equality for all.

Allan

In what world are open borders a utopian goal?

Being overrun by the third world isn’t my idea of utopia.

And a 15 hour work week? Even the French have a 30 hour work week.

7 Likes

We are all legally equal.

You’re looking for equity. That isn’t the same thing as equality.

6 Likes

Equality of what for all?

1 Like

Legally?

Females still aren’t required to register for the draft. Males are.

We still have vestiges of inequity in American culture.

Allan

The progressive vision is the entire world spending their days smoking weed while robots take the trash out.

3 Likes

Ok you named off one that the courts recently ruled was unconstitutional. Congress still needs to do it’s job and fix the selective service issue.

And there ya go. You’re looking for equity. Which opens up its own problems that your side rarely considers.

1 Like

China…China is the model they want to emulate.

6 Likes

Middle class seems to be around $50,000 to $150,000/household. 52% or so of the country.

I’m in there. Will I move closer to the bottom? The top? How is this going to work?

Will those in the $25-30k range move closer to $50k?

What’s the deal?

1 Like

Note the change.

1 Like