What's Your Favorite Beer?

I’m not a huge beer drinker, but I definitely know what I like. When I drink beer, the only varieties I drink are German Pilsners and Belgian Trapist-style Tripels. My current favorite is a Canadian version of a Belgium tripel called La Fin du Monde (translated to mean “The End of the World”) The array of flavors is this beer is simply amazing, the aroma smells of fruit, clover, and banana cream with the aftertaste of alcohol being hidden by the smooth taste.
For a Belgiun tripel, alcohol content is about average at 9% and it’s reasonably priced at about $9 for a four pack (as opposed to up to $15 for some Belgium versions such as Chimay.)

La Fin Du Monde is an excellent beer.

You might like Saison DuPont

I like IPAs. Cigar City Jai Alai is one of my favorites and it’s brewed right here in Tampa. Dogfish Head 90 minute is pretty good, as well.

I’m not familiar with saison styled beers. I’m certainly willing to give them a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

When I owned a bar a few years ago, IPAs were popular and a lot of my distributors served me samples of IPAs. I never liked any of them. I guess me and oleander don’t get along.

Domestically, Tank 7 Saison from Boulevard out of Kansas City is quite good. High in ABV also… so be careful.

Boulevard was bought up by Duvel… so it was crazy to see a Kansas City beer all around Brussels when I was there a few years ago.

I love Dead Guy Ale, various IPAs and Ten Fitty Stout? All great crap. The only regular beer I like is Amstel Lite. I’ll drink others but only because I have no choice.

A subject close to my heart. When it comes to alcohol I only drink wine and beer (a medicine I had to take as a child put me off the taste of spirits permanently) and of the two, I prefer beer.

Belgian tripels are my favorite. La Fin du Monde is an excellent beer to be sure. That said? I prefer Chimay’s Cinq Cents - it remains my favorite representation of the style. Other good ales (in my opinion) in the same or similar style include Duvel Tripel Hop, Westmalle Trappist Ale, Victory Golden Monkey, and Tripel Karmeliet.

I almost want to dislike them because of how popular they are. I’ve always been like that, dislike whatever’s most popular. The Black album was the end of Metallica for me. But I’ve really grown to love the taste of IPAs.

I used to be a regular beer drinker, Bud and Bud light mainly. But we started going to a pizza place that only served craft beers. Picked pale ales, then went to the IPAs. Been drinking them ever since.

1 Like

I’ve really gotten into barrel aged beers, mostly stouts. Just scored tickets to Dark Lord Day in Munster in a couple months. Pretty excited, it’s been on my bucket list for a while. It is their annual release of their barrel stout that they hold a metal fest to celebrate.

There is a brewery in St Louis called Side Project, that focuses totally on barrel aged beers. They put out some incredible stuff.

1 Like

One of my absolute favorite beers of that ilk is the bourbon barrel aged Abominable winter ale from Fremont Brewery in Seattle.

I was in Berlin a couple of weekends ago and drank mainly wheat beer and damn fine it was too.

Heading up to Boston next week to attend the New England Real Ale eXhibition (NERAX).

1 Like

Haven’t had that one. I will have to keep an eye out for it.

Duvel is one of my favorites as well.

1 Like

Scotch Ales like Missoula’s Cold Smoke or Rochester’s Rohrbach’s…and some good Oatmeal Stouts like Firestone’s Velvet Merlin or Figueroa Mtns. Stagecoach Stout.

I was stationed in Germany for seven years. I liked krystalweizen but hefeweizen was just to filling. A couple of those and I felt like I just ate a loaf of bread.

Eh I don’t get a lot of craft options where I live. I mostly just drink Modelo and Dos Equis because everything else in every store here is some variant of American piss water (Bud Light) or cheap ass Miller options.

There’s locally brewed IPA but I wasn’t too fond of it.

When I actually get to travel somewhere I always buy a crap ton of decent craft beer.

Amber Bach is my favorite. I also like fat tire. Tastes great and doesnt seem to give me acid reflux like light beers and wheat beers.

I like Stella or Peroni for a simple beer. Optimator as well. I drink pretty much any beer except any heretical beers that put fruit into it. That’s just wrong!