What's Your Favorite Beer?

I totally agree I sampled a couple of hefeweizen at a beer festival here and I was done,i like the taste but far too filling,I feel similar off dunkelweizen as well

Favorite is a brand called Wheatfish out of a brewery in Montana. Especially love the Huckleberry Wheatfish variety. Hardly ever see it in stores so only get it when eating out at one particular restaurant in town.

When buying regular beer that is actually available in the store I go for Blue Moon or Shock Top (basically they are the same thing).

For a stout, I like Bell’s Expedition.

I’ve got a lot of IPAs I enjoy, hard to pick a favorite. A local brewery - Great Lakes - has a couple solid ones: Lake Erie Monster and Chillwave.

Never make the change from beer to Vodka. It can ruin your life

2 Likes

I’ve been doing the keto diet for a few months now. When not drinking beer I used to drink a lot of Cherry Rum mixed with Diet Mtn Dew which basically just tasted like Code Red Mtn Dew. I switched to Cherry Vodka since vodka doesn’t have carbs and its amazing. Obviously you have to like Mtn Dew. I put 4 shots of vodka in my 44 oz MTN dew last week and couldn’t even taste it.

1 Like

Older professional skateboarder here that snapped his leg in 3 places on fathers day 12 yrs ago. I went from a beer drinking weed smoker to a vodka drinker to avoid opiates (Dad was a heroin user) . Long story short and two in house rehabs later, I am almost 7 yrs removed from alcohol. Wife and friends still drink socially but I cant. I am the one that ■■■■■■ up… not them. :wink: edit to add. Still have a signature board with my name on it sold in stores and still go at it super hard at 47 almost 48 now…

2 Likes

A couple of my favorite movie quotes regarding beer…

“You’d think I’d at least rate a Michelob”

“Pick up some beer…and some cleaning products”

“Breakfast Beer Alert”. You’ll notice, if you read back of labels, even most German Beer brands are made right here in USA, under tight recipes control. Quote: “Beer When Near and Brandy When Handy”
Drinks%20-%20Beer-01

Breakfast alcohol?

Rumchata instead of of milk with Cinammon Toast Crunch for the win!

1 Like

Di you like bourbon barrell beers?

If you ever get to the midest new holland (Michigan) Brewery has a great bourbon barrel dark beer. It is awesome…then they turn around and age bourbon in the beer barrels. Which is also great.

I like Bells two hearted ale!

2 Likes

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go thru life son.- my favorite movie quote.

Guinness, Red Stripe and Stella.
There are a lot more that I like a lot, the above are simply my defaults. Also, I know they got these all over the country, but if any of you are ever in DC, we have Craft Beer Cellar. Great selections.

Is DC BRAU still around in those parts? Terrible name… pretty good beer.

I like any style and type of beer honestly, my biggest criteria however is that it be a micro-brew.

In my beer fridge right now is Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin (IPA), admittedly Ballast point did “sell out” but they have kept their micro-brew spirit in tact.

Some great session beers that I enjoy are Mother Earth Cali Creaming and Ale Smith Sublime Mexican Lager, two excellent breweries here in South Cali.

I am also aging a few bottles of Bourbon County stout, which I plan to open a couple in celebration for somethings I am working hard on…which I hope will be over soon as they have consumed the better part of my life for over a month now.

Never tried Red Stripe until my first trip to Jamaica. Its not bad, but not the flavorful beers Belgian Abby Ales are.

I had a mini keg of Bells Hopslam…Amazing beer, amazing brewery

1 Like

Ah a fellow German beer connoisseur my favorite is Paulaner draft or Warsteiner in a can, I am not sure but I hate it in a bottle. If ever in Prague not like Cohen — jk try the Pilsner Urquell on tap. I can even tell you the hotel as well as the best dining in Prague. Lamb for $14 that melts off the bone Yum!!

2016 Prague my favorite city in the world.

Sierra Nevada pale ale…

There is only one beer and it’s made in Chico…