What's for Dinner?

Yum. Looks great.

Grilled brats …

Lol didn’t know that would be filtered. The Lil Smoky mini sausages. Rhymes with docktail.

Aww man, that’s so much more tame than I was hoping. lol

Here’s a recipe for Crock Pot pulled pork.
It’s hard to tell from the real thing. Be sure to use Wright’s liquid smoke. It makes a difference.

Try this if you want fall off the bone ribs.
Membrane - off or on- doesn’t matter. I do it both ways.
NO RUB. Just salt and pepper. I’ve tried 100 different rubs and they all give the ribs a hot dog taste.
Put them on the grill over hot coals. Grill them until they have the right color- both sides.
They won’t be done yet- you’re not through with them.

Wrap each slab in heavy foil. Splash a little apple juice or beer on them before you seal the foil around them.

Put them back on the grill, cover and cook about an hour for back ribs and about 2 hour for spare ribs.
I open the foil and sauce them, then close the foil. Let then rest about 15 min and serve.

Cheesy Beef Goulash

Ingredients

2 lbs ground beef
3 tsp minced garlic
3 cups water
2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
3 bay leaves
3 TB soy sauce
1 TB seasoned salt
2 TB Italian seasoning
2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

Saute ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain. Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.

Add the uncooked elbow macaroni to skillet, stir well, return the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off heat, remove the bay leaves, and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese right before serving.

1 Like

not your fault. no one can actually edit. we can do a complete replacement though and delete the old one. Mods are feverishly working to fix the edit problem.

After the threat of salmonella has passed…That is the best cooking instruction I have every heard…Can I use it? LOL I am sitting here laughing my ass off.

1 Like

anyone have domathes experience?
Greek or Turkish… or similar.

I had them- called an exterminator to get rid of them :slight_smile:

Thank you :+1:

I have a very old recipe for Dolmethes (Stuffed Grape Leaves). My grandfather was from Greece, so it is a recipe passed down through the generations.

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb lamb
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 tablespoons beef bouillon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup Parsley
2 eggs, beaten
1 egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon mint leaves (or more)
1 to 2 cups water
Salt & Pepper
1/2 tablespoon flour
Some of the juice from the grape leaves
Fresh squeezed lemon

Mix beef, lamb, 1 egg, onion, rice, parsley flakes, mint leaves salt,pepper and a 1/4 cup of water.
Place a teaspoon (or more depending on the size of the grape leaf) on the grape leave and roll, folding leaves to keep the mixture inside.
Place the grape leaves folded side down in a Dutch Oven. Make more than one layer
Add bouillon, the rest of the water and some of the juice from the bottle of grape leaves (use enough to almost cover the layers of grape leaves).
Simmer slowly for 30 to 45 minutes or until done (depending on your batch size)

Sauce:
Don’t skip this. It makes the meal.
Beat 2 egg yolks in a separate bowl with the juice of one lemon.
Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy: add flour to keep egg whites from curdling.

Just before serving, fold the egg-lemon mixture into the egg whites and pour over the grape leaves.

Tips:
I never use powdered bouillon. I use Our Products - Better Than Bouillon
I add a bit of lemon zest to the simmering grape leaves
I usually double the sauce. You can freeze the grape leaves and just make a new sauce for a new meal.
The leaves are really important. Try to find a big jar. I usually wind up buying two jars because some of the leaves rip or are small. I’ve learned how to overlap them and roll to maximize the jar. Also important is not to buy cheap grape leaves. Nothing worse than them not being well rinsed and crunching on some dirt every once in awhile.

That looks REALLY good

Absolutely! I was laughing my ass off writing that recipe, so I’m glad you enjoyed of my twisted sense of humor. :sunglasses:

BTW, that recipe is literally the best chicken cordon bleu I have ever experienced.

tonight
grilled pork chops
grilled eggplant
roasted tomato caprese salad

1 Like

thank you very much. My grandfather was from Lesbos (Lesvos). He came here about 1912. I’ve never been there but was close… Avylik in Turkey. I belong in such a country… Greece or Turkey. You are right on about the lemon sauce.

1 Like

Texas Toast Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients

slices Texas toast thick bread
2 cheese slices
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)

Directions

Toast bread in toaster.
Preheat skillet over medium heat.
Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
Place both slices of cheese between the two slices of bread (on the mayonnaise side).
Melt butter in the skillet.
Place the sandwich in the skillet with the butter.
Use a spatula to turn sandwich from side to side until cheese is melted.
When the cheese is melted and the outside is crispy and browned to your taste, remove the sandwich and cut into your favorite shape (diagonal, or half, or into four squares).

Texas Toast BLT …

Boooo! Real pics only!