What's for Dinner?

Oh Man my wife grilled Pork Steaks last night. I swear these things were an inch and a quarter thick and so juicy. We had grilled zucchini and peas and onions in olive oil…Man was it good.

1 Like

Turrable lighting this morning, but I finally got to have my pancakes… :drooling_face:

1 Like

That looks awesome!

I wanted to post a picture of something I made but don’t quite know how to post pictures yet. Sigh :wink:

1 Like

More chicken tonight. Some BBQ, some breaded, both baked. Canned asparagus on the side. It was a bit hot for baking, but the bounty was worth it. :slight_smile:

A little bit of surf, a lotta bit of turf!

Looks awesome!

I love snow crab dipped in butter!

1 Like

So tonight for dinner another Greek recipe:

Sauteed Chicken

3 lbs chicken - I use thighs or drumsticks. You need the skin on this
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup white wine
3 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 anchovy fillet
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 teaspoon savory
1 teaspoon marjorm
1 bay leaf
3 leaves fresh basil (or more)
1/2 cup greek olives (no pits)

Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown in the olive oil. Have a bowl or plate ready if you need to do this in batches.
Add white wine
Bring to a simmer
Add tomatoes, anchovy, garlic and herbs
Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
Add olives and heat for 5 or more minutes.

note: I precooked this and put into the oven overnight at 170. The chicken will be super tender and the flavors will meld together well. I serve over Spanish rice.

Not dinner, but we made angel food cake with confetti sprinkles for desert last night. A too little brown on the outside for my liking, but the inside was perfect and we gorged half the thing almost immediately.

1 Like

Well done. Did you frost it or eat with berries or anything? I haven’t made one in years.

1 Like

We ravaged it with our hands for about 5 minutes, then I had strawberries with mine, while she continued to ravaged it on the plate. lol

Thats great imagery.

1 Like

:confused:

1 Like

I saw you post that another day, so I tried liking nearly everything to see how much it took to reach a limit, but I never got there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I’m counting correctly, it 65 likes per day.

Oh, lol, I probably didn’t do that many
You’re a “likable” guy.

1 Like

It’s a trivial gesture in the grand scheme, but it’s nice to spread hearts around these days. :slight_smile:

Okay, SixFoot. That cake looks seriously awesome. But the bottom picture looks like a deep sea close up picture of a fish eyeball. So, I’m going to like your photo of a fish eyeball :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTW… I made beef jerky over the weekend. I have been making beef jerky for years trying various methods. So, I marinated overnight, cooked on pellet grill to 160 degrees, then put in my dehydrator. Best ever. The woodsmoke from the pellet grill (mesquite) adds tremendous kick.

1 Like

Now that you mentioned it, I’m having a hard time seeing anything other than a fish’s eyeball. I may or may not be a wee bit intoxicated too. lol

Well then, my friend, cheers! :beers::beers:

1 Like

Found the correct thread. lol

1 Like