What should we do to make elections more believable again?

There are two camps about “broken” elections.
One worries about a gazillion illegal immigrants voting and is generally trying to make it hard to vote, but make its absolutely sure that the voters are legit.
The other camp worries about voter suppression and ex-felons not having the franchise and generally wants to get more people to vote and to increase the franchise.

I don’t think that we can agree that the voting system can’t or shouldn’t be improved (or fixed). But both sides need to cool the rhetoric that cheating is the only way that the other wins elections and to cool the rhetoric that the system is broken almost to the point of collapse.

Haven’t had to sign anything when voting since 1998.
.WW, PSHS

Ah…

Just mail-in voting.

Got’cha.
.WW, PSHS

Wait, am I reading this right? You’re against fingerprinting, microchipping, and the like? I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone.

and they say there’s no voter fraud

1 Like

Why would you assume that because I haven’t had to sign anything when voting that there is fraud.

They check my ID, hand me a ballot, walk over to the voting both and I vote.

I support Voter ID.
.WW, PSHS

You shouldn’t be. I’ve been all about this my whole life. You won’t find my fingerprints or anything else anywhere in any system. The government doesn’t need my DNA profile for any ■■■■■■■ reason.

1 Like

How can you know if there is fruad if a court says you can’t check the signature and even if the signature is missing the ballot is counted???

No I didn’t. The first thing was you wanted federal biometric IDs so we could catch illegal immigrants. That was all the way back to 2008. This is merely your most recent thing that can be solved by giving the government my DNA, fingerprints and retinal pattern.

You either sign the voter roll for in person, or you sign a portion of the envelope or other part that can be removed from the ballot. It’s how you VERIFY the voter identity. Once seperated, the vote is secret. Granted poll workers can look at your ballot and know. The only true secret ballot is in person voting. They only know you went into the booth and voted.

1 Like

You don’t know how glad I am to hear this. The government doesn’t own anybody.

What state? I’d like to read their law on verifying voters. Doesn’t sound right.

Define “easily hacked”

For a mail-in ballot, that is correct.

For an in-person vote, I haven’t signed anything to vote in 22 years.
.WW, PSHS

Okay they do verify your ID. Never mind my last post. Here in Utah for in person they check your ID and then you sign that it was you that voted.

Put it online… it passes through zero hands. From my device to the end database

I did every time I applied for an absentee ballot.

Virginia.

Show your ID and they hand you the ballot. Well technically, they have a check in table, you show your ID and they hand you a ticket. Then you go to the ballot table, and the little old lady on the other side of the table your ticket and she hands you a ballot and the little “I Voted” sticker.
.WW, PSHS

And every server in between.

Good for you.

I didn’t, actually applied for a mail-in ballot this year. Didn’t have to sign anything then either, was able to apply online.

Just looked and Texas has the same type of online ballot request that Virginia has, if you do it online you don’t have to sign either.
.WW, PSHS