What should happen after the vaccine is released?

And I’m all on board with that.

It is. The jury is still out. It may take a booster or two. I hope not.

So does that mean you are now backing off on your two week timeline before going back to business as usual 100%?

The indications with the vaccine that the government just signed a contract to begin manufacture, it will take two initial shots (like the new Shingles vaccination is) plus an periodic booster shot to maintain immunity.

No. The two week thing was random. I’m guessing everyone in Ohio could have a chance in a two week period. Maybe it’s actually ten days or three weeks. We need to hear from the governor. I want to see his plan so we know what to expect. But. When the vaccine becomes wildly available, stop the heavy handed stuff. Let people decide what is safe for them.

Key words bolded.

Need a bigger bath tub.

The two week scenario promotes a best-wished for positive atmosphere imo.

Unfortinately ypur pov is probably more realistic. Things are so weird for me these days. :frowning:

1 Like

Not exactly. I don’t set policy. The key words are actually bolded below.

We need to hear from the governor. I want to see his plan so we know what to expect.

I might agree with that, since 99.99% of healthy children and young adults may be a whole lot better off catching the disease and getting an immunity that way. These antidotes have a risk factor too.

May I remind you of your initial statement?

Granted. Thanks for asking. Not everyone in this forum is so polite. :relaxed:

Right now, in Ohio we have no idea what the government goals are. They won’t say. I find that to be disturbing.

Assuming there is a vaccine it should go to the most at risk including the elderly as well as healthcare workers. I am not as confident as others we will see a vaccine.

We can open everything 100%, but will people feel safe participating? People’s comfort will be the key.

Sorry for your luck.

I’ll take my advice about a harmful virus and a vaccine from real doctors and not an anonymous poster on the internet.

1 Like

If it’s mandatory maybe…

It already exists. Scheduled to start filling batches in October barring any further delays. Are you thinking it won’t get FDA approval?

We don’t know how effective it is or how long it lasts from what I’m hearing it’s basically at best like a flu shot. Unless I read it wrong it none of the three manufactures in the third phase are saying the vaccine makes you immune from Covid-19 but either cuts the risk of catching it and maybe the severity.

I could be wrong hope I am.