What should happen after the vaccine is released?

Is that you Donald? :wink:

2 Likes

Tattoo.

I’m an insider. Working in operation Warp drive. :smirk:

If you want. I’m just going to let my lack of mask wearing be my evidence. :blush:

Then surely you know that everyone in the country cannot be fully vaccinated in two weeks.

1 Like

Well then as we wait for everyone to get a vaccine you don’t get to go inside anywhere.

A mechanic not directly involved in research.

1 Like

Just like the left wants with firearms. Registry and papers.

You’re a good listener! :blush:

The surely you know that people are free to continue wearing masks as long as they like. Right? Nobody will be forced to remove their masks and put themselves in danger. And tens of millions won’t get the vaccine anyway.

You obviously don’t like my idea. What would yours be?

I was just discussing this with someone today. The question was, “will we ever get back to normal?”

I said, “Of course we will. This may be the first pandemic in our lifetime but it isn’t the first pandemic in history. People always return to normal.”

I’m not for the shutdowns to begin with.

However, I do like the premise of your OP. Stop focusing on the negative and start planning the recovery.

1 Like

I gave you my idea (built on yours) in my reply to you above.

I have a feeling that governments will not present a plan at all. Just wing it. Basically chaos. I hope I’m wrong.

Is that a response?

Right. Make the vaccine available, allow a reasonable time for people to get vaccinated and open up. Once I get the shot, I’m protected. End the lock down.

It took 5-6 years for enough of Americans to be vaccinated for polio to allow for herd immunity.

1 Like

Actually, Samm’s beef is just with the timeline. Not the overall implementation.

And it seems to me that bickering over the timeline isn’t worth the time to bicker over. (Don’t forget, you have the government involved in the implementation. I needn’t say more!)

I’m thinking that we are a little better now than we were 50 or 60 years ago. You?

Does it take six years to get a flu shot?

The key word is opportunity. We can’t force people to get it. Because some people decide to risk it is no reason to lock down everyone.

How long will you be protected? That’s still a question mark.

We can’t keep the economy shut down. People are going to have to get back out and get on with life and living.