What should be the next response to the next virus be?

Them calling it a bio weapon absent any evidence comes to mind…

We sanction countries all the time, Russia still has sanctions on them we didn’t trade with Russia for decades when they were a communist nation spreading influence when China was nothing more than a peasant country.

We know they have over a million people locked in concentration camps yet crickets. I don’t think trading with China is worth thousands of dead Americans dying daily and trillions lost in economic wealth. Then you get looking at many American jobs were lost moving manufacturing to China it just doesn’t look like a very lucrative trading party unless you are one of the few benefiting. I for one don’t care to pay more for goods if the choice is disease/death or paying 20% more I will pay pick paying 20% more.

We also didn’t have a huge amount of economic entanglement with either the Soviet Union or Russia like we do with China.

Not disagreeing with what you are saying…just pointing out the difference and why it’s going to be very very difficult to do any of these extreme measures.

One of the reasons Trump made a 1 AM tweet thanking President Xi for sending us medical supplies (tweet was at 1 AM for a reason…so no one noticed it) and stopped calling it the Wuhan or Chinese Virus

I agree we are entangled way to much into China. How do we go forward so it doesn’t happen again? At the very least to lesson the chances? I don’t blame the democrats or the republicans I blame them both equally as businesses fled to China over the years. I blame companies like Apple who do business in a country that is ran by communists, silences the media, and locks millions in concentration camps.

To me China and this virus and political party identification should have zero to do with each other. If Biden came out tomorrow and started campaigning hard against China and punishing by tariffs or whatever American companies doing business with them I would vote for him. To me personally China is the #1 issue right now in terms of this countries safety it outpaces jihadists, N.K., White supremacist and everything else. China 2025 should have already had every American panicked even before this disease knocked out the western economies.

A valid opinion set in stone?

From my perspective, no opinions are set in stone.

New info can change an opinion.

Well, at least concrete. You are sure adamant about supporting unions for some reason.

Like the roles media played in furthering a narrative and an agenda favouring China? Like why so many US Democrats in political offices took positions that aligned with Chinese interests?

1 Like

Isolate internationally the source nation until all data relevant has been believably made available to investigators.

I’m gonna go with complete, competent (looking at you, Jared) federally coordinated distribution of critical resources among the states, to provide help where it’s needed in the moment. And an all-out effort to test everywhere the doctors and scientists say we should, funded if necessary by a chunk of that $2 trillion.

The left have no response on what should be done about China now much less the future. If Trump is against China then China must be good. Which really isn’t the spot you want to be at politically right now.