What should be the correct verdict in the Kim Potter trial?

not necessarily, depends on circumstance and the degree of negligence

Know what this country really needs? A Manhattan project effort to find a method to immobilize someone reliably without major injury.

1 Like

Thanks.

From a distance.

How was he negligent?

Yes! I completely agree.

Lets say he thinks his buddy is a deer and shoots him. In his haste to get a shot off he wasn’t paying attention. Which imo is no different than what the officer did, not paying attention to what she was doing. She was in no danger, he was fleeing, not coming toward her, if he was, that might be more excusable.

Again, cops are allowed to shoot fleeing violent felons in some circumstances.

Reasonableness.

The hypothetical reasonable person.

Stop.

It seems the jury may be hung right now. Did her tears nullify the jury?

Kim Potter jury indicates potential deadlock, asks judge what happens ‘if a jury cannot reach consensus’

2 Likes

Ok, that’s enough. Back on topic.

Well then… here I thought she was a rookie. lol

What if she had not had a tazer & only the gun? Would she have been lawful to shoot it?

IMO, if so, I’d say innocent. A lawsuit maybe, but no criminal conviction.

4 Likes

Great, now the business owners are gonna have to skip Christmas dinner to board up their shops. lol

3 Likes

Or, the national guard & police can stop anything before it starts.

1 Like

Oh let the looting/rioting/burning begin.

1 Like

Baby needs a new flat screen for Christmas.

2 Likes

Perhaps not issuing police with tazers the feel like and operate the same way as guns. Under pressure in an emergency, a tazer trigger and a gun trigger feel the same.

"The Republican-American of Waterbury reports that Danny Pregno, 66, was arrested Wednesday by state environmental police on a charge of first-degree negligent hunting, a felony that carries up to five years in prison. "