What should be the correct verdict in the Kim Potter trial?

is it unreasonable to assume that a trained police officer using ordinary care would know where their gun and taser are? seems to me thats the minimum in ordinary care. did she pull a weapon by accident? no, she meant to, she mistakenly pulled the wrong one. this would seem to me to be more a civil matter than criminal.

1 Like

Yes, it is unreasonable. It’s not the first time it’s happened.

Wheels do not fall off of cars by accident. Or they always do.

They already do that. Guns are holstered on an officer’s strong side, i.e., on my right side if I’m right handed, and tasers are holstered on the weak side.

if expecting a trained police officer to know where their gun and taser are is unreasonable then the problem may be with our “reason”.

She obviously didn’t do it for some reason.

She did know, until the context changed. I can set up a stress test that would cause you to fall apart or quit, even know it is training.

I assume she had them holstered correctly, but then she must have panicked and reached with her strong hand instead of her weak.

Could be.

This is interesting to me. Who decided it takes more than 4 lug nuts to hold a wheel on? How did they settle on 6 or 8? Is 4 an unreasonable expectation?

What if you have 8 lug nuts and it still comes off?

When you took all but 4 off, was it your intention for the wheel to come off?

Interesting choice of words.

thats what we pay police for. sorry, not sorry. she was negligent and made a mistake due to her negligence. she should be held civilly liable. nothing criminal here imo

What do you mean?

“Correctly”. Who decides that and on what basis?

Is it? We pay police to be perfect? In high stress situations?

Shame on us.

47 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Off-Topic Slop from Various Threads +fd

Department policy is the gun on the strong side, the taser on the weak side. I assume she had them in those positions because I haven’t heard otherwise, and if she didn’t, it would be a big part of the case.

Is that her department policy? I haven’t seen that.

I can’t confirm that, but the video shows that her gun was on her right side and the taser on her left. And that’s how she was trained:

“To avoid confusion, officers usually carry their stun guns on their weak side, with their non-dominant hand and away from pistols carried on their strong side. That’s how Brooklyn Center officers are trained and how Potter had arranged her service belt.”

https://x99news.com/2021/11/28/daunte-wright-shooting-will-the-wrong-gun-defense-work-for-kim-potter-wcco/

If a hunter kills someone due to negligence isn’t he held criminally liable?