What should be done

The Carter Economy started under Nixon/Ford and was directly related to things completely out of any administration’s control.

1 Like

It is really going to be interesting. If you consider who might run in 2024. My list includes Cruz, Rubio, DeSantis, Haley and Cotton. I’m not going to include Trump because I think that his health and legal issues will catch up to him. So who in the GOP picks up Trump’s routine? And how long will Trump control the party? I do believe that the Republicans left the party because of Trump will start putting together a third party. And I think that there are enough former Republicans that reject Trumpism that it will be a viable party. And judging on how much the Lincoln Project raised, they will be able to get good funding. Should be a fun time.

1 Like

Yep… and the hit that Carter took was the necessary pain to fix it. He let Volcker do the painful thing and it more than likely cost Carter a second term.

Doesn’t matter. Worst economy ever was under Carter and Obama when they had full control of both houses.

For me, my worst economic year was 2020. Had to borrow from my 401k I built up over the Obama years to get through it.

My stocks did very well during Obama’s time in office. And you do realize that by the numbers the worst economy since Hoover was overseen by G.W. Bush.

Both inherited.

Carter tried to get out of it but failed because of analysis by paralysis, and again, due to factors beyond his control.

Obama did pretty well getting out of what he was given although the seeds for what caused it still exist today.

4 Likes

I’m more then willing to give Carter some room here…but Obama and democrats totally destroyed people lives in how he dragged out our economy.

Just for the record…Bush and Obama 16 year rule was a national disaster.

2 Likes

Based on nothing at all. Biden doesn’t need Trump to transition.

Shouldn’t have shut the economy down.

It was my worst year too.

Democrats did not have full control of Congress, but for 4 months from 2009-2011.

They did get the ACA passed during that time.

Republicans were able to block, or dilute any strong spending bills, ie, the stimulus, that were mostly tax cuts.

So Trump needs to start a lot of investigations of Biden going before he resigns?

2 Likes

Go for it.

We’ve been waiting for these to start for some time.

I’d steer clear of getting any “help” from Rudy Giuliani, though.

He has been such a disaster that sometimes I wonder if he is a mole in Trump’s organization…and he agreed to do it because he was upset Trump never made him Attorney General.

Everything he touches on behalf of Trump turns to complete ■■■■■

That feels like it can’t be unintentional.

1 Like

I’d say Trump will keep running up tabs with lawyers (who may or may not eventually get paid) to keep the dream alive for his most ardent supporters. Eventually, January 20 will come and he can move on to his next venture (likely TrumpTV).

Biden will muddle along without Trump’s help and take the oath of office on January 20.

People will keep on arguing about politics.

Life will go on, as it always does.

Operation Eagle Claw cost Carter his second term

Whow. A conspiracy theory with a comic book name. How cool.

1 Like

Partly, but dont forget about the dossier and bugging his place of residence. You the kind of stuff to make him feel welcome.

2 Likes

There was also that crazed rabbit.

That was the failed operation to get the hostages out of Iran.