What percent of public mask wearing is actually effective?

Is the University of Virginia not a public school?

You are arguing about arguing.

Not the argument.

It really is a rhetorical trap you set.

A pretty good one.

There’s no trap. I just called out your motte and bailey and refused to allow it.

What is the argument? Mandates.

I did that to some extent in my OP. I’ll post what I said again:

1. If someone doesn’t have COVID they can’t spread the virus.

In this inquiry I would like to focus on number 3 first. I looked at the national numbers and took the day with the largest number of daily cases and multiplied that by 14 (since that’s the generally agreed upon days for one to recover). Divided that by the total population and that gave me a number of 1.3% as a general daily infection rate (until we go through another year with the Delta variant + vaccines, that could change). In other words in any given sociological setting only one or two people out of 100 would potentially have COVID (assuming there’s a relatively low number of people who are infected but asymptomatic). So one could make the case that >98% of mask wearing is doing nothing to prevent the spread of the virus.

The unknown as I’ve been pointing out is how effective is a mask at containing COVID when an infected person is wearing it for 8 to 10 hours straight? Sure a mask could very well be effective if you’re in a room with an infected person for 5 minutes, but what if you are in a room with an infected person for 3 hours? What percent of the virus is contained in the particular mask and for how long?

I could absolutely make the case that 99% (or more) is ineffective because the studies on the efficacy of masks does not account for the numerous variables one experiences in uncontrolled large public settings.

Yes they do. They can either wear a mask themselves, or quit. You know, like the employees that refuse an employer mandated vaccine. Actually in NJ it’s better to be fired than quit. They get unemployment.

1 Like

This is why I can’t take it seriously.

Because in moments of lucidity things like what is posted above happen.

All of this arguing against the effectiveness of masks or vaccines… it is done knowing that it is nonsense.

This is all an exercise… some play acting really.

Right now in Orlando there they are begging people to cut back on water usage because they are running out of oxygen. That is a real world consequence that could have been avoided.

Viruses don’t give a ■■■■ about any of this.

No one gives a crap about your "motte and baily’ rhetoric. It is all for play.

2 Likes

I just did some checking.

Failure to follow the employers safety protocols would fall under a misconduct discharge v. a gross misconduct discharge. Under a misconduct discharge the EE wouldn’t be eligible for unemployment for 5 weeks after termination.

At that point they are eligible for benefits up to 60% of the wages to a maximum of $713 (which may be slightly higher now). On top of that the additional $600 in federal unemployment expires the first week in September.

So no income for 5 weeks and income reduced to 60% (or a little over $700 a week) and on top of that loss of benefits? Not a smart move.

WW

1 Like

Excellent question. Full FDA approval might change this.

:rofl: When I say something you like, I’m “lucid”.

Did you miss this?

and I certainly don’t advocate mandates

Didn’t know it has a name?

Why thank you.

True, but not today.

This has gone through the courts already in NJ. Not even a month old. You’re eligible for unemployment benefits just like everyone else if you’re fired for refusing to show proof of vaccination in NJ.

But otherwise you’d be right. Someone had to actually take it to court.

That this is a lucid thought.

That there is recognition that masking and vaccines work to mitigate the pandemic and that those who are refusing to own the libs are hurting us all.

You haven’t shown masking mandates work.

In the street. And to be honest, I don’t think you can.

1 Like

We know what doesn’t work.

A bunch of unvaccinated people not wearing masks.

1 Like

You haven’t shown mask mandates work under any condition.

And then what? Unemployment requires that you look for work, and then it ends.

It’s so much easier now. All you have to do is go online and answer a few questions. Then you receive your check. It’s not like years ago, you don’t actually have to look for work.

I’ve only applied for unemployment once. About 15 to 20 years ago. I was a part time employee covering for a full time employee. At some point I was put back to part time. I didn’t know that I could collect unemployment for the lost hours until someone told me.

So I was able to collect 5 days work even though I was only working 2 days. If I remember correctly I had around 10k to do this. The online site only asked questions. Like, were you asked to work OT? I would say NO for obvious reasons. Questions like that. So I got paid 5 days for 2. The second I got an opportunity to work a full week I got off unemployment.

Well, I see you have given a politicized point of view regarding “negative effects” of masking children. I guess your kind does not take into account children with a severe case of asthma.

Can People With Asthma Wear Face Masks?

“For people with very mild asthma or well-controlled asthma, it’s probably not going to be an issue,” said Dr. David Stukus, member of the Medical Scientific Council for the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). “For people who have very severe disease and have frequent exacerbations, ER visits, hospitalizations, require lots of medications and frequent symptoms, it might cause more issues for those folks.”

Aside from that, I also see you never answered the question:

How does a mask free, covid free person pose a threat to anyone in a super market, school, restaurant, department store, or any other public place to those who are vaccinated?

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare.

They are now barely after Delta, we have had this discussion before but according to the CDC not Epoch Times we are 3-4 variants away from a variant that will likely bypass the vaccine.

It would seem only logical the #1 priority would be to keep that out while delta runs its course.

I don’t think that’s true at all.