What kind of moron says this?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That is a falsehood.

Packing is adding beyond 9.

1 Like

You can start a thread on court nominees.

Since that isn’t the topic do you have anything to add to the actual topic?

Just before the election in 2016, Schumer was asked if he would do away with the filibuster for the Supreme Court if Hillary won and the Democrats took the senate (both seemed likely at the time). He would not say yes or not. Of course, the opposite happened, and he was not on record when Republicans did the same thing.
That’s part of it

1. Packing the court doesn’t help their election chances since most don’t approve of it.
  2. If worst happens (from their view) they don’t want to have provided the Republicans with a justification for doing what they want to do…

I honestly don’t think they care.

Oh I dunno, there’s been 9 justices since 1869.
There’s a vacancy. Article II Section II Clause II empowers the President to appoint a 9th Justice who would fill the vacancy after the advise and consent requirements by the Senate.

So what.

It’s kind of important to know what his plans are for the Supreme Court if he is elected, don’t you think?

They will try anything to ruin our system.
That includes making the SCOTUS completely subservient to the other branchs of our government. Completely. Forget the checks and balances.

Do you? I’m not the topic.

I responded to the notion that “…this isn’t simply a packing the court question.”

Sometimes I almost hope they get what they are asking for so they can sit back and and wonder how the hell it all back fired on them.

Except I don’t want to be taken down with the idiots.

There were only 8 justices for more than a year in 2016-17.

2 Likes

I must have missed it :rofl:

If Biden plans to stack the Supreme Court, then he needs to say so or he needs to deny it.

I know what you mean. I always think of the consolation that history teaches us that those who open the doors for the marxists will soon be surprised that their feel-good opinions are not only no longer wanted but are cause to be arrested and thrown on the bonfires of revolution. It seems like justice but - as you say - we all have to suffer in that case.

The second one.

1 Like

Why isn’t 'We’ll see what happens" an OK answer this time?

1 Like

We are really glossing over the fact that the president owes us 12000 dollars.

1 Like

Or whatever the number currently is in order to change the make up.

1 Like

A one way ticket to China, the middle east, perhaps North Korea or if a tropical environment is the preference, Cuba.

Immersion into what they want to turn the country into would be a great eye opener. If they like it, please stay.

If they don’t, please feel free to come back with an attitude of gratitude for being blessed to be a citizen of the greatest nation in the world.

Was this question asked before about stacking the Supreme Court? Since when do the American people not deserve to know the answer to such an important question?

1 Like

“Vote for us or else.”

3 Likes