What is Trump & the GOP's Deficit Plan?

Because 2019 isn’t over yet?

Duh.

The GOPs plan for the deficit?

Do nothing about it until they lose the White House and/or Senate to the Democrats.
Then start complaining.

They care about the deficit as much as they care about illegal’s working at Mira Largo. Not at all, until there’s an electoral angle.

2 Likes

$1trillion

2019 fiscal year is over

Duh

1 Like

You’re right.

Maybe because the numbers haven’t been compiled yet?

The number you cite in the OP ($475 billion) is misleading as I pointed out before. The better number to work from is $665 billion as that reflects the uptrend from the 2015 low. Because of that I assumed you were implying that had Hillary won the deficit was going to go back on a downtrend and be at minimum below $400 billion. Nonetheless, as I pointed out the deficits were going back up no matter who had become president. Where they would be right now had Hillary won I can’t state with absolute accuracy on that. I think the number I put forth earlier is pretty fair as it takes into account the increased spending in Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid.

Here is one are I will agree with you 100%. When ever I listen to Sean Hannity he doesn’t talk about the debt anymore, and clearly shows his hypocrisy in that area!

When Obama took office every child born in America inherited about 44k in national debt. By the time he left office it was around 72K.

At that rate a kid born in 2028 will probably be born carrying around 110k in debt if the country doesn’t do a sharp turnaround.

Those were number I got a couple of months ago and consequently hadn’t looked at 2019 yet. Also It’s my understanding (I could be wrong) that the numbers are more accurate a couple of months after the year is over. Nonetheless the numbers are projected to be about 1 trillion dollars.

Regarding the GOP or Trump’s plan on reducing the deficit? As far as I know they don’t have a plan, but I would also argue that nobody in Washington has a plan for that. Do you know why? Because it would take significant reductions in spending to accomplish that. Try to find any politician campaigning on making significant cuts in spending.

Nobody said it would be done by now.

Construction is ongoing.

Nothing trickled down?

Only abut six million new jobs and median income up by abou 5k per household.

1 Like

Of course it does since around half of them are on various forms of welfare here in the US.

When you cut off the flow and start removing them that is a huge savings to the nation.

The cost of providing for the “surgers” is aroud 30k each, cut that flow off and it’s 30 million a year.

Ron Paul did back in the day and he got shunned

Round em allll uppp

No need, just pick them up one at a time as they are encountered and deal with them appropriately.

1 Like

That wasnt trickle down… more fabrications

What all 3 nanometres of new wall?

My state fortunately hasn’t had to deal with too many fires so far this summer; but we are only 27 days into summer at the moment. We face at least another 10-12 weeks before we are likely to get any decent rain unless an ex-cyclone makes its way down to Perth. NSW is still facing 50+ bushfires, desperate water shortages in many towns, including Sydney.

And we have a PM who like the idiot you have currently in your White House doesn’t understand the impact of climate change.

He had 3 years to build his wall; why would anyone believe that it will be built?

Alice in Wonderland logic.

Are you suggesting that the impeached president Trump is not responsible for the economic performance of the USA economy until calendar year 2018?