What is the general Christian breakdown of the community?

That’s probably an accurate description of my belief system.

I firmly believe there is a creator of the universe and the fundamental laws of physics.

It’s everything after that where I honestly get confused and decided years ago simply to not worry about it.

As a teacher, I see it as a great way to teach history and current events. For example, today we run students through history in a linear timeline while checking off the various nations as we go through time. What if we started with a basis of universal concepts and truths and then had the students research and debate which nations and cultures benefited by following these concepts and which ones did not do so well. Which wars needed to be fought, which wars might have been avoided?

As far as religion: To some extent it would be helpful for students in understanding a wider variety of religion, but I see it failing in the long haul when it comes to personal practice. Religion isn’t just about doctrine and dogma, it’s about relationship and unique situations, and I do not see Perennialism having a strong suit in those areas.

Just wanted to know what you think about perennialism is all.

Not my cup of tea.

To each his own.

I think you’re God with amnesia. :wink:

Here it is!

It has a different meaning than I thought, but it does have meaning.

In my case, I believe in God, believe He cares for his creations, but am a horrible practitioner of any organized religion.

1 Like

Indoctrinated Baptist as a child. Serious doubts started in my early teens but didn’t fully accept atheism til I was about 20. Flirted with Pastafarianism for a while but I’ve been trying to do the keto diet so his noodly appendages and I have had to go our separate ways.

It could also be viewed as a rejection of atheism. In other words the rejection of the belief that all there is is matter, energy and natural law but without the desire or compulsion to philosophically sort it out.

I know what it’s usually defined as and that doesn’t mean that it isn’t nebulous and not meaningful. My point still stands.

On a practical level a Deist will look at nature and the universe with awe and wonder as the work of an intelligent being. On the other hand a Deist would see no reason for prayer or going to church.

1 Like

That’s…actually sounds like a pretty good description of it.

Sorry,

This girl isn’t a square trying to fit into a round peg.

1 Like

Lapsed Catholic, was baptized and confirmed under the name Maximilian Kolbe.
still have the very old golden pocket watch I was given as a gift its on my desk.

I attended Catholic school for primary and secondary school my great aunt is a Catholic nun in Quebec she is very good at volleyball her team was undefeated last year (whole team is nuns)

What do Pastafarians do? Smoke spaghetti?

Grew up in the AME Zion Church and now an active member of a baptist church, so whatever umbrella that fall under I guess that’s what I am.

I checked Protestant, but that is not correct. My religious ancestors didn’t Protest anything. We grew from the Bible and a congregation. No title.

Nothing in the OP fits me.

Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the onion, and the bay leaves, forever and ever. R-amen.

2 Likes

I am Eastern Catholic which uses the shares the liturgy and traditions with Eastern Orthodox Churches but is in full communion with Rome. I checked “orthodox” since Catholic choice seems to be more about liturgy and traditions.

There’s a whole system of belief that we are all God with amnesia, and as soon as we remember we are God, we make ourselves forget and start all over.

A game we play to make eternity tolerable.

1 Like

And so the Lila continues.