What I Believe About Our Response to the Epidemic

It’s not so bad. They let me cook my own steak and cut my garlic with a razor blade.

1 Like

But only until the meat runs out.

Then you will have to have whatever they ration out to you or what you can rip out of the 86 year old woman next to you in the meat department.

No worries. There are a lot of cats in my neighborhood and they like to hang out in my catnip plants.

Better start fattening them up. :wink:

What we probably should have done is not close anything down and just keep large gatherings to a minimum. Because if everyone eventually gets this everything we’ve done is pointless.

Probably should have just closed down movie theatres, sporting events, and any other large indoor gathering and let this thing run its course.

I’d tend to agree here, no need to pillory the guy, he’s doing his best I’m sure.
Way I see it is this way, he may be an expert in infectious diseases but pretty much by definition of the disease, neither he, or anyone else for that matter, is an expert here.
Key words being Novel or “New” Corona virus.
By there own admissions from the start NONE of the “experts” had seen this strain before. That’s also why it got it’s new name or designation, because NONE of them had seen it before.
That’s why it scared the ■■■■ out of ALL of them.
What was effective in the past may/may not be effective here, no way he could be sure. Add in the fact the lies and cover up from the source area hamstrung him and others without a doubt.
They need a year or two to play with this thing to start to figure it out and become “experts”. I bet at least that long by even their own definitions of expert of any given subject.
You think this guy became an expert on AIDS or Ebola overnight?
They are all drawing on past experiences, and making “educated guesses”. Some of their calls will be wrong.
That’s just the nature of the “method of science”, and the practice of medicine.

Good post.

Plus 2

Also remember Fauci has been in government for 50 years. That’s his context.

It would seem the old concept of government closest to the people is better is true.

The governors are learning. I hear a lot of “Leave it to the counties, they know their situation.”

Of course some of it is liability shedding.

Thank you
I’d like to bank the 2 pts for the future if that’s ok

Doesn’t work that way.

Illegal procedure, movement of bar noticed.

The capacity for mass testing had never existed prior to this outbreak and couldn’t be accomplished without invoking the National Production Act which was done on March 13th.

The decision was made the day prior when we had fewer than 2,000 cases nationwide. Even with that Democrats objected to the Emergency Declaration and invoking the powers granted under the National Production Act.

The biggest hurdle on expanding testing was our own federal bureaucracy and regulations.

Even under the administration’s emergency powers it still took the CDC and FDA more than a month to get out of the way and start helping rather than hindering the private sector efforts.

1 Like

A little good news for everyone’s day, we can get through this.

2 Likes

Ok I’m good with that
The Thank You still stands

1 Like

The real epidemiologists say that for COVID 19 there needs to be 80 to 90 percent herd immunity for it to be effective. That is 265,000,000 to 297,000,000 people in the US alone. We are currently a 1/2 percentage point there. Think about it. Not even 1 percent of the way to Herd Immunity.

You guys have no idea what herd immunity is going to take. There will be a vaccine or successful treatment before we ever get to natural herd immunity.

2 Likes

Best estimates suggest the actual number of people who have been infected and recovered is more like 20-50x the reported number based on studies out of CA and NY.

We’re far closer to herd immunity than 1%.

2 Likes

Because we’re locked down.

Great info, K1.

Republican governor has you locked down?

Didn’t you have a spike in deaths today?

Yes.

No.

Population 90,000
Cases - 72
Deaths - 2 both over 90 with preexisting conditions