What has Biden done so far for unity?

Not demonizing. No name calling. Finding areas to compromise.

Like this?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01/aoc-ted-cruz-gamestop/amp

Great way to reach across the aisle doncha think?

4 Likes

Hey there Georgie’s girl.

Perhaps you shouldn’t be relying on Vanity Fair to reach across the aisle?

Perhaps Ocasio-Castro-Chavez should resign and get the much needed professional treatment for her obvious paranoia and schizophrenia before she either hurts herself or someone else.

2 Likes

Really? What was she paranoid about? Let’s review.

A mob gathered outside to Stop the Steal. A gallows with noose was erected demonstrating the mindset of this mob. This crowd was whipped into a frenzy by weeks of politicians spreading lies about the corrupt election. The mob vastly outnumbered the Capitol police, rendering them ineffective. The mob was breaking through doors.

Totally paranoid of her to be fearful.

Lets see…Candidate Trump on video says he’s calling for a ban on Muslims, becomes POTUS then proceeds to ban Muslims…yet you contend thats not what he meant or did. Alternative facts I guess

Yeah…who needs a court and a judge, when the world has you…amirite? :sunglasses:

There were some of those guys on Hannity last night saying they were making 200,000 to 250,000 a year.

Buttigieg and Lurch (Kerry) just blow that off with a smirk and the idea they will get good union jobs…somewhere…someday. :roll_eyes:

In other words they do not care.

3 Likes

Sounds like good advice. She seems headed around the bend to me.

Not to minimize the madness of the lunatic fringe that thought it a good idea to storm the Capital on 1/6 but your embellishments are epic. At no time was Sandy Cortez or any other legislators in either House in any real danger. They donned their trusty ziplock bags for the photo op and were sheltered by armed security as they should be. What they did experience was the fear they are actually vulnerable and rightly so. I do give props to the handful of Reps who remained behind to man the barricades. At least they had the cujones to at least try to calm down something before a female veteran caught a round in the throat.
You bring up the “overwhelmed” Capital Police. Same guys standing around outside on video while persons pleaded for them to do something or call for help as the Qnons were kicking in the windows or conversing with the horned “shaman” in the House Chamber? The Capital Police were notified days before the 1/6 rally by the FBI and the NYPD of credible threats. They denied assistance from the Law Enforcement agencies and NG that are part of the react force employed during the summer riots in DC. Why? The Capital Police chief promptly resigned after the debacle. The “mob” never should have gotten to the Capital House steps. Even a casual observer should have known trouble was afoot with the number of helmeted, gas masks wearing miscreants in the crowd.
I’m curious as to where Sandy Cortez’ outrage was this past summer when leftist mobs were assaulting Federal Court buildings, innocent civilians and trying to incinerate law enforcement personnel inside their precincts?

1 Like

“Good paying union job” you’ll hear that lie a lot. Right up there with:
“I won’t ban fracking”
“I won’t pack the USSC”
The list will go on.
Certified welders in the petroleum industry train for years for their certification and are constantly training as technology changes. Their field specializes and they are paid accordingly. They usually travel away from their families for extended periods of time on these projects. Oh, they could work near home in a fab shop or a power station but not for $300K/ year. For someone like a bluenoser elitist scumbag like Kerry to suggest they can make solar panels at facilities that don’t even exist yet is beyond insulting. Apparently sKerry has never been inside an automobile assembly plant. Most components are installed with robotics and I’m guessing solar panels will be made that way too?
“High paying union jobs”!
Remember it.

3 Likes

Oh i plan to remember it. Your comment about Kerry being an elitist scumbag is right on the money.

1 Like

Translation - $15 an hour at Jack in the Box.

3 Likes

No they won’t.

2 Likes

That’s pretty easy to say after the fact. And their armed security didn’t seem to work that well in defending the Capitol, did it? Why would they suddenly have confidence that they could stop the swarm if they were discovered? They were vastly outnumbered. It is quite reasonable that they would fear, especially considering the rhetoric displayed towards Pelosi and AOC in particular.

You think AOC going out to the mob and asking for calm would have helped? That’s ridiculous.

And have you watched any of the videos of that veteran? She was loony tunes!

None of which has any bearing on whether the congresspeople were right to fear for their lives.

I actually agree with what you said here. But I am reminded of Republican response to job losses in the rust belt steel and auto industries. Back then, Republicans had similar responses as Kerry’s. Didn’t like them then, don’t like Kerry’s now.

1 Like

Unity! Not appeasing of the Trumpists though. Broad popular support and if the extremists don’t like it, tough. They can’t even get along with each other anyway.

For an unctuous toad like Cruz that’s all he should ever get.

Now you’re being silly. The Jan 6th dumbassery could have been prevented. Capital Police knew the “mighty whitey righty” maniacs were coming. After the leftist hordes trashed DC last summer they’re going to turn a blind eye to a couple hundred thousand Trump supporters?