What exactly is this stimulus check?

And if you pay no taxes you will get no check

1 Like

Are you killing wild pigs or do you raise feed hogs?

WIld Hogs by the truck load.

Those two were killed with head shots from a CZ 527 in .204 Ruger with a 4.5-14x50 Zeiss on top.

17 last night, six already this morning.

This little piggie went to market!!
Nice job
My son and I used to go to Crossville TN years ago stay at a Hunting Lodge and hunt the pigs with the owners dogs. My boy used a .30-30 and I used a .45-70 both cowboy action. His had a scope (can’t remember what size), I just shot open sights; with a .45-70 you just have to get close LOL!
So I’m in the process of moving to Florida and there’s plenty of hog hunting there year round. My eyes aren’t as good as they used to be . I’m thinking I’ll be using the '.06, has a Leupold VX 3-9 X 40. I can hide in the palmettos and pick 'em off!

If your only expecting $150 out of $1,200, that means in 2018 or 2019 you were over the first amount, but under the amount that you won’t get it.

The way I understand it . . . when you do your 2020 taxes, if you made over the lower part, they will check to see if they sent you too much. Or if your income went down, they will send you more.

That’s what I mean by a new form to fill out.

Nor do you need one. I’m ok with that. But there are a lot of people out there with lesser incomes who will have a harder time getting through this…and a lot of businesses that will suffer indirectly. I see this as like a time of war. The government is already involved in this, shutting businesses and ending jobs. In that case, further government action to ameliorate the problem is acceptable/necessary.

1 Like

Take a look at the 1-6x24 Trijicon Accupoint. I have them on all my dedicated short range and self defense rifles, and my Dangerous Game African guns.

Never bet your life on a set of batteries, go with Tritium illum.

That is NOT correct.

2 Likes

And your point?

Do I need to post daily photos?

The Federal government needs to put out a webpage telling people what’s going on.

But the IRS should have the latest up-to-date details about it and it’s here:

and a little bit more info here

Latest news from NBC. Immigrants without social security numbers, college kids, and some disabled seniors among those not expected to get checks.

Could they just be of the hogs?

1 Like

Not that I have quick access to on here.

I meant any future pics you post don’t need someone in them for scale.

I know people are hurting and the money will help many out, it just seems arbitrary to pick a dollar amount rather than trying to determine whether or not a person or family has lost their income and give to those people. WE won’t necessarily pay it back now, but two trillion dollars WILL get paid back even if it means kicking the can even further down the road…

Disappearing posts. I’ve heard of such things.

And it’s not a stimulus check, it’s a recovery check.

There would be ideally better ways to do this, but the bureaucratic problems would probably be prohibitive considerng the dollars involved. Social security numbers and tax returns are already done.

NBC needs to fix their headline. “immigrants” without SS numbers are illegals not Americans.

But then what else would one expect from NBC? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Unfortuately the only quick way to do it was to pick a fixed sum for everyone.

If this goes on very long I suspect we’ll see another package come together that targets just the lower half or 2/3’s of taxpayers.

The rest can probably weather the storm.

Personally I think they should go a step further and freeze all payments period from utilities to credit cards to mortgages and car payments for the duration.

There seems to be enough in this package though to keep everyone employed at least for a few months whether they actually work or not.

The SBA loans are easy to get, all you need to do basically is submit your ongoing expenses and payroll. The loans are only 1% and if you keep your people employed the loans turn into grants in six months. Not a bad deal. Not the way I would have structured it but it seems to be a good balance that will enable a quick restart to the economy once this is over.

1 Like

Not true.
No doubt the vast majority are illegals, but there are many here legally without SSN’s, like those with tourist visas and foreign students.

The article was mostly about Americans who won’t get a check so the headline is appropriate.
It even stated that illegals won’t get checks.