What exactly is this stimulus check?

It isn’t stimulus check. It’s Welfare For All. Come and get your Trump Cash.

3 Likes

For what?

The stimulus check is not taxable.

No need to take my word for it.

The link I provided to Business Insider says so.

Now…they may have been fed a line of hogwash from whatever entity is in charge of telling people about the stimulus check, but assuming they’ve been given the correct data… the checks are not taxable.

This is the part I’m not fully understanding:
The payment — which the IRS is calling an “economic impact payment,” the government has named a “recovery rebate,” and many people are calling a “stimulus check” — is technically an advance tax credit meant to offset your 2020 federal income taxes.

So, in a sense, I have to “pay it back” on next year’s return?
I admit I’m a dumbass when it comes to taxes.

When society (government) shuts down the means of production? Not a lot of choice.

You aren’t going to get $150. It’s based on your income, not your income tax return. It’s not a refund advance.

Correct

Congress Cash

After calculating his income against the scale he is eligible for $150. Your total income is on your return. Unless he went by taxable income?

I didn’t see his income, sorry.

So who’s spending their Corona Cash and who’s putting it into savings?

:thinking:

I plan on donating mine.
Being retired, my income stream is changing very little this year.
I don’t need it.

7 Likes

I suspect that will be the case. Much like a cash advance without a big chunk removed.

I’m still working through the payroll vs. unemployment with my CPA firm.

I’m keeping my folks on payroll as long as I can vs. unemployment.

:woman_shrugging:

I found this at the IRS website.

1 Like

Then they should stand in line with the rest of america. not some idiot pork barrel singling out… Give me a break Alex, why was not every special interest group singled out. ■■■■ should we have a zillion dollar bailout???

1 Like

I will give mine back to the community as I will not be seeing any decrease in my income, either. My eldest son has family members out of work, my youngest son has no one but himself and is working full time, with some overtime. (works at a hospital.) I am still working and have good job security, although I should retire soon. I respect you very much for donating yours. America will heal.

1 Like

Please Lucy, lay off the negativity. Enough people are out work already and the country is going to be hurting for months afterword. All you have to say, is welfare for all? I could half agree with you that some who will receive assistance do not need it and should not get it, CEOs and with wealthy rich, including Pelosi and the fat cats who made money selling stock, should donate all their paychecks to those in need.

Oh while I have you on the phone, how did that Oakland Cruise ship work out, anyway?

2 Likes

No, that was the case with Bush’s 900.00 stimulus and was the case with some of the Obama stimulus money but I haven’t seen anything to that effect in this case.

It may be but I have yet to see it.

It’s what they do because it’s all they have.

Same here. My plan is to spend my last dollar an hour before I die.

Since I retired in 2012 we’ve given away nearly everything we ever accumulated to various charities and universities to set up scholarship funds for disabled vets.

I’m killing more hogs right now than I can process myself and donating it all to local and area food banks so I’ll use mine to pay the local processor who is also kind enough to deliver it for me.

If you make ovr $99,000 a year you will not get a check.