What does civilian oversight mean?

It’s good to review the Constitution from time to time. I recommend Article I section 8.

From that article, it may be that Woodward was hyping the conversation to sell his new book. There is the part about saying that Miley would tell the Chinese if an attack was imminent. But that is different than telling the Chinese that an attack was imminent. Miley would have known that there was no such attack planned and his words would have been meaningless.
My guess is that is how this will turn out after being investigated…a tool to sell a book.

I agree. Done. Article I is congress. Not the C-JCS. What clause are you looking at that requires us to give prior notice to a target before an attack?

That “clause” would be a Congressional declaration of war.

Well, just watched Psaki defend it, because Trump was “fomenting insurrection” which means he was crazy, some defense and intel people agreed.

If that is the case, why hasn’t he been charged with insurrection?

You feel that requires prior notice to the target?

1 Like

Sure, we will just convene congress if they happen to be out of session and declare war if we see ICBM’s headed our way.

I disagree. Milley did it and he did it because he/they felt they needed to stop Trump from destroying the world.

If the Chinese were truly worried about a preemptive nuclear strike by Trump- what do you think they thought of his mental health?

1 Like

That’s exactly it. The “smarter” bureaucrats had to do it.

Or…they wanted to cool the temperature and assure the Chinese to avoid any escalating conflict.

That’s not his decision to make with the Chinese.

The Chinese were worried about a preemptive unilateral strike.

Dude this happens all the time.

Hey I see a submarine in waters near us. Why are you there?

Standard military exercise. We aren’t attacking.

Laughable.

And again- is this what you want?

“Hey you guys planning a unilateral nuke strike? “

“We aren’t saying…maybe. You’ll just have to be on your toes.”

Common.

Ignoring the commitment. It doesn’t happen all the time and it’s not for Milley to do on his own volition.

Sure it is. De-escalating tensions is SOP.

What I want is irrelevant. Why do I feel like I’m talking to Tom Clancy?