What does civilian oversight mean?

Cuz your alternative to reassurance and de-escalation is…ker-azy!!

Please, how is the head of the joint chiefs calling them and telling them not to worry he won’t let the mad man in white house nuke them a deescalation? In what alternate timeline?

Stop. Seriously. Milley did this on his own. He is an advisor to the President. Not the Commander of Real Deal.

2 Likes

No he didn’t. Review the situation.

There ya go.

It is not the job of the C-JCS to reassure nor desescalate for the Chinese.

What you are rationalizing is very, very dangerous.

2 Likes

Well, there needs to be an investigation to find out exactly what he did and why. For one thing, though, that secret conversation seems to have had about 15 people in attendance with some taking notes…and with the knowledge of the Secretary of Defense.
I’m still thinking Woodward tweaked a conversation to mean more than it did. It needs to be looked into.

Really who else was involved? The acting Secretary of Defense said he didn’t authorize it.

Mmm hmmm.

I think that is much more likely.

reassuring the Chinese that there is no way an extra-constititional pre-emptive nuclear strike is coming…is…hmmm…

Sane.

Ah. That seems to be a difference between the October calls and the ones in January.
The details need to be split out and the authority under which he was acting clarified each time.

Milley “reassuring” the Chinese on his own volition is extra-Constitutional. Regardless of how you feel about it.

You want the military running the country?

3 Likes

Nope- why do you think our military communicates with adversarial militaries?

Well, is it?

This one is a sticky wicket, I really like to read your thoughts on it

You have no idea what you’re rationalizing

You’re literally suggesting shutting down communications with foreign militaries. That’s crazy talk.

No it really isn’t. Unless you think 15 high level people in the Pentagon including civilian liaisons, the Sec Def and others should be strung up and shot. Come on.

Not technically treason as we aren’t at war with China formally.

3 Likes