What Do You Think of Gorsuch's Assessment of US History

Sure people who address this stuff say it is. No idea if they are right. You automatically think they are wrong. I need proof not feelings.

I chose a book I had read so I could speak from knowledge, not feelings.

Somebody get the fainting couch.

1 Like

Is choosing not to have a certain book included in a particular library because someone who has the authority to select books decides it does not belong in that library the same thing as banning that book?

1 Like

When national lists are circulated of books to be eliminated and they are then challenged frequently by people who have never read the books, that is book banning. The attack on Ruby Bridges book is part of a concerted nationwide effort to get any discussion of African-Anerican history out of the schools.

1 Like

Somebody get the 1st Amendment!

You choose a book you think is, ie feelings, should be available to everyone. Because others don’t think the same you feel it is appropriate to claim banning when it hasn’t been banned, only restricted from the younger audience.

1 Like

Lol and you say feelings are not involved.

1 Like

Who circulated that list you are talking about? Was it a federal agency or was it a group of private individuals who made a critique and explained why they believed it wasn’t appropriate in some circumstances.
If it was private citizens, would they have a first amendment right to express their opinions?

Sure. Try the search function for pretty much any thread I’ve started.

Question: What year did the US civil war start and where?

When books are removed from library shelves, how is that not banning. And when a book is written for early grades, making it available to old people is equivalent to banning it.

No, books are not being banned. You are a victim.

2 Likes

Should hustler magazine be available in grade school library?

2 Likes

Making it available to all ages is banning? And I thought the redifining of a women was bad.

1 Like

$4.99 instant fulfillment

$9.09 hardcover arrives day after tomorrow (I live out aways)

https://www.amazon.com/This-Your-Time-Ruby-Bridges/dp/0593378520

4 Likes

That book is most definitely not banned in any state in this country.

2 Likes

Who’s stopping anyone from reading the book mentioned in your rant? It can still be bought, it can still be read by any parent in the U.S. to any child they wish. Y’all have a problem understanding choice vs a captive audience (classroom) and being forced to listen to something and hear only what one person (teacher) chooses to expound upon. If your bloomers are in such a.bunch over it, send a.polite letter to each parent in the school districts informing them they are quite able to read the book to their childrenn if it’s so damned important they are exposed to it.

2 Likes

Great news! It wasn’t banned after all! You can find it here.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ruby+bridges+book+for+kids&crid=30OQEFICIQLF1&sprefix=ruby+brid%2Caps%2C115&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_9

Now can you help me out? All I can find for “Mulberry Street” by Dr. Suess is overpriced used books.

3 Likes

Horse ■■■■■

When books are removed from libraries those are bans. Not every family can afford to buy books.

Bans operate in multiple fashions: including the pressure from states such as Texas and Florida to modify textbook contents.