An interesting insight into how one Supreme Court Justice views American history.
Neil Gorsuch, in the decision declaring the Title 42 matter finished because the Cover emergency had ended added this comment:
“Since March 2020, we may have experienced the greatest intrusions on civil liberties in the peacetime history of this country.”
Do you agree: Were the Covid restrictions the greatest intrusion into Civil Liberties in peacetime.
– Legal slavery in the United States
– The murder of hundreds of thousands of fetuses
– The displacement and wholesale slaughter of Native Americans
– The compromise of 1876 and the wholesale stripping of rights from African-
– The years of legal racial segregation
– The suppression of political opposition during the twenties (the Palmer Raid period)
– The suppression of political opposition during the McCarthy Period
– The FBI’s wholesale disruption of political opposition during the Civil Rights Movement and the Movement Against the Vietnam War (the Cointelpro Period)
Could it be that a lack of historical perspective is shaping the decisions of this Supreme Court Justice?