What do you mean there are consequences to my actions?

Totally consistent👏

The only options aren’t “a year in jail” and “go free with no consequences.” She got beat up, she spent hours in lockup, she’ll likely be fined, and she’ll have a crime on her record so if she does it again the consequences will be more severe.

We have the world’s largest prison population per capita.

Tell me…is that reflective of our crime rate vis a vis other countries?

You ask these types of statistical/analytics questions when attempting to answer a question like this.

You don’t use emotional “Well the woman is an idiot so a year in the clink serves her right” nonsense.

1 Like

So what?

All this emotional nonsense about locking her up.

Good Lord.

Oh just stop it.

You have one source that says one thing. “Read what I link and agree with it, or I will denigrate you…”

Stupid should hurt. As far as I am concerned, that’s all I said. Your article focused on jail. I said nothing about jail. In fact, I actually said:

Your article essentially concluded that jail doesn’t actually “hurt” the perpetrator. (Or at least in the mind of the perpetrator when making the choice, it’s not enough of a cost.)

Stupid should hurt. What the OP was faulting in our current societal approach is that we decide something is not “big enough” to do anything about. We’ve been moving the bar deeper and deeper into the realm of stupid before we do something.

And that’s another sign of our society’s dysfunction.

1 Like

…and I gained 100K followers! YAY!!

1 Like

I’m with that.

That hurts.

1 Like

If we outlaw streaking only outlaws will streak. No, wait -

The only thing that stops a bad girl in a thong is a good law that - no, that’s not it either.

She was a cheeky lone wolf. You can’t dismiss an entire class of nudists because of one - damn it, still not there.

Let’s wait and see what the Naturalist Revolutionary Alliance responds with.

1 Like

No - you said that seeing stupid hurt acts as a deterrent to others.

That’s wrong, as much as your feelings want it to be right.

Regarding ‘one source’, the source includes 5 pieces of primary research which agree with me.

You and Snow have your feelings though, so that’s super great and definitely forms a rock solid basis for your opinion.

You made that up.

Here’s what I said. (You could have actually read it for yourself, you know):

MAYBE.

And if they aren’t, then stupid should hurt for themselves.

Seems to me you are so bent on thumping your own chest and denigrating others that you’re unable to read what I actually wrote.

I also said in response to Oryx’s post:

Try honesty with me next time. Go ahead and dis Snow. That’s not my problem. Just don’t make up stuff and attribute it to me.

California can do these experiments all day I don’t care but again Californians plz quit moving to Washington State in droves.

I guess if we’re trying to match a dumbass stunt with a dumbass punishment. :man_shrugging: lol

And keep Arizona off your radar too, Californians. We have our own native-born freaks and don’t need to augment their numbers.

Please and thank you!

Welcome to Idaho!!!

Now go home.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So your saying we shouldn’t share maps like this on social media??

:rofl::laughing::rofl:

Yes!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No, it will ruin her life if she has career goals. This is not a crime of such magnitude that her life should be ruined. A fine and a hundred hours of community service followed by expunging her record is far more appropriate

And some serious counseling.

She should have though of that before jumping the wall, she should have thought of that before she wasn’t going to talk to Homeland security and FBI.

A fine, a little jail time, and the record that follows her for a long time is appropriate (I’d like to see the entire year, but my guess would be a month is what she would get.)

It was a prank. A very stupid prank, but a prank nonetheless. And not one a mentally balanced person would do. She needs professional help a lot more than she needs jail time which will only exacerbate her instability.

And the record will not just follow her, it most likely will ruin her life by removing most career paths. Something like that doesn’t just follow you for a limited time. Her life should not be ruined over it.