What do you all think about the segregation going on on some campuses

Is it chosen by those told they aren’t welcome?

I think it’s mostly chosen by those that feel they aren’t welcome. It probably just makes it worse.

I don’t think that’s the case at all.

What do you think it is?

Domination. Asserting hegemony or trying to establish it. Revenge. Confirmation bias. Fear. An inability to logically articulate a defense of their indoctrinated beliefs. Tyranny. Racism.

3 Likes

I suppose there is some of that but I don’t believe that it is anywhere near a majority opinion.

People are people and their feelings are generally more basic and self focused.

They aren’t demanding it on a personal level, it is taught. It’s collective.

And choosing it is a personal decision.

Choosing what?

Choosing to be in a self segregated environment.

Using it? Sure. That it exists? No.

“Self-segregated” is a misnomer, because segregation requires at least two items.

Did you watch the video I posted?

Yeah, I did watch. Stupid people acting stupidly.

It doesn’t mean it reflects majority opinion.

What difference does majority opinion make? The university designated it.

The point I’m making is that most people choose a self segregated environment because they feel more comfortable.

And then use government to enforce it. Jim Crow 2.0

2 Likes

That’s profound. Skin color or culture?

Who is using government?

All that choose such an environment or the loud activists?

Everyone has their own individual motivation.

Could be either. A lot of grey area there.

It’s proving a point giving the choice many don’t want to be around people who are different than them. I have a feeling the only reason this is being accepted by some (not all) on the left is that college is considered a liberal area for the most part.

I have little doubt if the right wing started some separate buses or some team owner has a black and white seating sections at a sporting event if it was a choice the media would be losing their collective minds right now and there would be rioting in the streets.

5 Likes

Well yeah if given a choice…choice is the key word here

But yes it’s dumb