What do leftists have against rural people?

This is an easy legislative solution to so many problems. I hope the idea continues to gain momentum.

If the assumption is that rural residents are against same sex relationships, why is every other room in some of our middle & high schools a safe haven for gay & lesbian students?

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if there were some gay & lesbian couples out here. They just don’t advertise it with rainbows on every darned thing.

For good reason. 5 years ago, people were willing to go to jail rather than allow gays to exercise their civil rights. It was a perfectly acceptable and celebrated conservative position.

That kind of hate doesn’t go away faster than a football franchise rebuilds. Those gay couples are wise to stay hidden.

2 Likes

Left alone to own whatever type of firearm they want? No, liberals definitely aren’t pro-choice on that.

6 Likes

Or maybe they’re comfortable enough as gay & lesbian singles & couples that they don’t need to broadcast it.

I find that those who put their identities on display—be it religious, sexual or something else—are the most insecure in those identities.

Those comfortable in the way they live their lives aren’t attention seeking.

2 Likes

Not a ■■■■■■■ thing baby.

You know I have a ■■■■ ton of rural relatives/folks in my life.

Love them all…That’s what Jesus said to do!
New Testament

1 Like

The only thing that makes it bad is: where do you think the liberals that get sick of their home states move to whenever the housing market is on an uptick?

“You mean I could sell my SF Bay Area house for 1mil and buy a house twice as big in Idaho for 200k? I’m sooo there!!”

Followed by:

“This state is too Red, we need more liberal policies…”

6 Likes

If rural folks took this advice there wouldn’t be a dozen city-bashing threads every month.

If the left took that advice they wouldn’t have any political message…at all.

2 Likes

It’s not comfortable to live in a country where bigotry is codified into law. That sewage stinks too much.

I don’t think that word means what you think it does.

1 Like

Guess why they need a safe haven.

Don’t object to others doing something you like to do just as much.

Gee I don’t know. Somehow I don’t think any of these are rural communities:

Somehow I don’t think coming out is seen as the thing to do among minority residents of more urban areas, either:

They don’t.

1 Like

I’m willing to bet most of that tiny minority of students doesn’t even use these rooms. They probably get in there & learn & participate in sports & other pursuits with their majority classmates.

Sorry you feel that way.

Safe spaces are segregation. That is the whole intent of them. I don’t support segregation.

3 Likes

It’s association, but good try.

Yes, sexual minorities experience discrimination every where, but the safer areas are typically in cities where they have greater political power and resources.