What anti semitism also looks like

Sure, in a very pedantic sense.

But we all use it the same way, because it’s a handy term. Everyone knows what people mean when they say it, it’s a catchy “ism,” and it works good in acronyms.

2 Likes

I disagree with that statement. It is at least exaggerated. I think he made a mistake. Not a reason to go wailing into the hills, but probably largely mistaken.

Well, in case you haven’t noticed, this board is pedantic as hell. :joy:

1 Like

Oh, I know. I’m one of the worst, probably.

But only when it matters.

1 Like

Absolutely no one is asking you whether you agree or disagree with his statement.

Tell us more about the preposterous charges of antisemitism.

You seem to believe I post only when someone asks me to do so, and that I take orders of what to post about.

The thing is… Musk regularly interacts with these types of accounts. This is not some isolated event. This just happened to be one of his worst takes.

1 Like

No, I’m saying it’s a non sequitor. A deflection. A cop-out.

You can’t bring yourself to acknowledge Musk’s antisemitism, but you can’t really deny it either.

1 Like

True. You were the one that got all pedantic jiggy with it. Now you want to go back?

We had a couple of good discussions about this yesterday. Apparently American Jews feel no or little connection to Israel.

That’s odd to me, but fine.

But no claiming some special right to criticize or special knowledge based on Jewishness. There’s either a connection or not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

Is criticism of Israel antisemitism?

1 Like

I’m Jewish too (Messianic flavor). We don’t all have the same views because we’re not a monolith and no one person has the authority or intelligence to speak on behalf of all of us.

4 Likes

What they are really angry about imo is that when he bought twitter he lifted the censure of Trump.

That’s it in a nutshell.

1 Like

Oh I get it. I definitely know Rob Reiner and Barbara Streisand don’t speak for you! :rofl:
A Jewish buddy of mine in the army explained it to me when I had some confusion about what “Jewish” meant. I had been brought up to believe it was a religion but atheists like Marx confused me. My buddy explained that Jews are a tribe, not a religion, and they can be atheists, Christians, etc.

2 Likes

They are the descendents of Israel’s (Jacob) son Judah. Judah was one of the 11 sons who, with their father and their families and possessions, joined Joseph in Egypt. When Moses led them out of capitivity in Egypt, Judah’s descendents had grown to be a tribe mighty in numbers among the combined descendents of Israel (Jacob).

1 Like

Well, the 2024 version of the shadow campaign is doubtless underway by now. Other than prosecuting the opposition, what better way to preserve democracy than blocking media outlets that they might use?

2 Likes

Maybe Trump just sucks?

Blocking! Who is forcing Mr Musk to spout dumb things that is costing him advertisers
How do you guys manage to convert a man saying a stupid thing into your own personal victimhood :person_facepalming:

He didn’t pass on. He agrees with it.

It’s right there

Him agreeing.

It is a statement of little import but it is a hateful statement that he agrees with

Jewish politics :joy:.

No it specifically referenced anti white hate.

Until recently the official narrative has been that anti-Semitism from Trump-incited white nationalists have been driving attacks. As discussed in an old thread, the reality is far different from the official narrative. Most of the attacks occur in New York and other Democrat-run cities with large populations of Jews who dress in traditional attire, and the majority of the attacks appear to come from POCs.

The number of attacks have almost doubled since Biden took office. That was true even before the recent war in Gaza.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/23/us/antisemitism-report-unprecedented-rise-dg/index.html

2 Likes