What American can learn from the Canadian immigration system

If Trump proposed that then what he would be called would make the worst of what he has been called in the past sound like a compliment.

Here we argue about which felonies are bad enough to cause a person who is here illegally to be sent home. Apparently DWIs don’t count.

I like it! Good system! :+1:

What countries are those?

I remember being legitimately in Quebec in the ‘80’s to study French & culture of Quebec.

Seemed like every time our group turned around, we had a meeting with an immigration official wondering what was our purpose in Canada :canada: & when did we plan on leaving?

Y’all feel free to come, but please don’t stay!

State Department reports on terrorism have expressed more concern about Canada, which unlike Mexico has been home to “violent extremists inspired by terrorist groups such as ISIS and al-Qaida and their affiliates and adherents,” as it said in 2017. When it comes to land crossings, Canada has more often been the source of terrorism suspects entering the U.S., though not in great numbers. By far the majority of people who arouse concern try to enter by air.

Pass

UK has something similar don’t they? You have to pledge you won’t take the dole for five years or something?

Its really not.

Yeah why didn’t my great grandfathers stay and be murdered by Benito Mussolini and the de Valera wing of the IRA respectively? This is a great point.

Nope, every single major wave of American immigration was driven by war, violent social disruption, famine or whatnot.

Yeah when my Italian greet grandfather came over he was considered nonwhite and genetically inferior and coming to a white country to escape his ■■■■■■■■ country and also trying to overthrow the government and replace it with the Pope of Rome depending on who you asked… This is a hot ■■■■■■■ take.

1 Like

It’s kinda crazy how history that is still in living memory gets changed to fit a reality.

Very peaceful white people? I’ll have to inform the indigenous who were here first about them.:roll_eyes:

Will have to inform these individuals & families, who emigrated to a land of mixed peoples, know how emigration to white majority countries is more common.

Emigration to white majority countries is one option but not the only one.

I didn’t say it was and why do you feel the need to inform anybody? I just told you the truth. Now what you choose to do with it or how you choose to act…is up to you? This additional rhetoric is uncalled for IMO.

What happened to Mussolini? Who did it? Was it external or internal forces? When you find out, you’ll understand what I posted.

I think most conservatives would be for that type of immigration system. It’s called LEGAL immigration, not coming sneaking in & ending up often ending up working for below minimum wage or a slave or forced into prostitution.

Gibberish. My great grandfather fled Italy because his other choices were to join up with the Mafia or join the Fascists and he rather sensibly did not want to do either.

I’ll not diminish the choice of your grandfather. It was an unusual time that got very violent, very quickly but that sole example does not in any way diminish what I alluded to.

More gibberish. If he had joined one he would’ve been in prisoner or killed by the other. It’s not a unique case or a super unique situation, this was the early to mid 1920s.

“Oh well that one doesn’t count but my point still stands” is a grange argument.