What about Georgia's flag?

Then please put that in the post so as to avoid any perception that you are comparing the citizens of this country to nazis. There’s been a tendency to do that lately and we wouldn’t want any misunderstandings.

1 Like

Ohhhh no no no no no…you folks have taken it upon yourselves to determine what stands and what stays…what remains and what is erased…

It’s not just about what was bad a couple of centuries ago it’s about what needs to be destroyed today. Don’t wuss out man come on…tear it all down.

It’s not like people who don’t learn from the past would ever repeat those mistakes in the future.

1 Like

It’s not erasing history. You can still read about Bobby lee and the rest of crew who failed to secede from the union.

We are just not honoring them anymore and rightfully so.

Allan

Of course. I wouldn’t want to imply that, despite the post responding to declaring that the citizens of this country will place people into re-education camps.

Thank you. There is a trend toward nazi comparisons lately that needs to stop. If there is something else that concerns you, please feel free to bring it to our attention.

We appreciate your cooperation.

1 Like

ADVOCATED??? He enslaved his fellow black people if they were members of other tribes. ADVOCATED! OMG! yeah… he and other ZULU leaders “advocated” slavery.

I wonder if the descendants of the Zulus will be paying reparations to the the Soshangane, Zwangendaba, Ndebele, Hlubi, Ngwane, and the Mfengu.

Uh… De facto versus de jure.

They were an independent country with its own form of government and had control of most of its territory until 1863.

That’s why they had to be “readmitted” to the Union after they were defeated. You can’t readmit something that never left.

1 Like

Awesome…

So where does it stop for the WokeFolk…

Cause I personally think Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson and Thomas Jefferson and George Washington are folks who should be celebrated…

See there in lies the problem…when you start allowing a bunch of halfwits to rip down monuments and insert their own judgement for history the right to read about historical figures and events then finds itself on the firing line too.

The people of Mississippi thru their elected representatives made a decision to change their flag…good for them. If Georgia follows the same process that’s their call.

But all the destruction that has taken place and been attempted, all the art that has been destroyed…I choose to call the destroyers what the actually are. Criminals…many of whom are apparently too stupid to even know who vandalizing.

When the smartest guy in the room crowd starts down this “let’s cancel it” road, that road frequently has no end.

Historically significant people like Lee might have been on the wrong side of history, but they played a significant role in who we are. And the reality that now we’ve got people attacking statues of Lincoln tells me we can’t trust you WokeFolk to know when to stop.

Bobby lee played a significant role in killing union soldiers that about it for his significance.

And his estate was turned into a cemetery. That’s two. And you can read about it in history books.

Allan

Allan

Why would you want to keep a symbol of traitors killing Americans in order to keep the institution of slavery alive as your state flag?

Of course it should be changed through the legislative process.

What kind of terrible “cancellations” are happening in your town?

Good - we agree.

The people who’ve been randomly tearing down statues and monuments on their own are criminals and should be prosecuted.

I don’t think they should be torn down by mobs, either. They should protest around them to bring attention them.

I demand reparations.

you will get tea and crumpets and be glad for them!

And people should have reasoned discussions about them. What did these people do? Why? What was life like then and how far have we come today? Some group of people made a decision to create a statue for that person, why was that memory important to them?

I m sorry I’m just opposed to the destruction of these monuments…especially when it’s done randomly by a mob.

What’s the difference? Did they not stand for the exact same thing? Which one flew over the capitol building in Richmond? Which one did they pledge their allegiance to?

One was considered a war flag and the other not. Also, one became a favorite of some rather extreme organizations and the other did not pick up that history. As far as I’m concerned, its the business of the people of Georgia and since I am not one of those I will leave it to them.

It still amazes me that liberals are cool with Georgia flying the confederate flag. Quite stunning actually.

Nobody is “cool” with it. Most people simply don’t recognize the Stars and Bars as a Confederate Flag. Most people think the Southern Cross was the end all of Confederate Flags.