Whaaat? Biden wants to resume the wall?

Congratulations Kon.

Seemed almost painful for you to admit, but Conan drug it out of you.

1 Like

No it’s not painful. Conan had nothing to do with it. Not happy with Biden right now…but then I knew I would not be on some issues.

But we were told here on the forum walls dont work.

1 Like

Yeah. Understood. You open boarder types must be really miffed at him right now. Take heart, he undoubtedly will do something really stupid again soon and redeem himself. :wink:

2 Likes

They didn’t tell you the whole story … walls don’t work when Trump builds them. Otherwise they work just fine. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m an open border type in that I don’t believe walls are a symbol of freedom. East Germany sure was a symbol of freedom with the Berlin wall wasn’t it?

You supposed wall living types just scream give me your tired your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to be free.

I think instead of spending money erecting walls to keep people out, the money needs to be spent on creating channels. One that leads to pathways to citizenship and one that leads to deportations.

1 Like

The East German Wall was to keep their people in, not to keep others out. That is a highly significant difference. Walls to keep people out to protect your people and society from being overwhelmed are as old as history. Any country that was unable to control who entered has disappeared from the map. Is that what you want?

5 Likes

Your leaving something off…

walls don’t work everywhere

What’s going on is not exactly rocket science or quantum physics. First of all the legal definition is very narrow:

**Basic Grounds for Asylum or Refugee Status

To establish eligibility for asylum or refugee status under U.S. law (8 U.S.C. § 1158), you must prove that you meet the definition of a refugee (under 8 U.S.C. § 1101).

In brief, this means showing that you are either the victim of past persecution or you have a well-founded fear of future persecution. In the case of past persecution, you must prove that you were persecuted in your home country or last country of residence.

The persecution must have been based on at least one of five grounds, either your:

• race
  • religion
  • nationality
  • political opinion, or
  • membership in a particular social group.

Proving this connection between the persecution and one of these five grounds is one of the most difficult parts of successfully applying for asylee or refugee status—especially because you must show that one of the five grounds was or will be a “central reason” for your persecution.

These are ethnically and religiously monolithic countries, with no political movements going on. Over and over again you read and hear from them and the news sources that they are fleeing poverty and crime (i.e. not legitimate reasons for asylum). Furthermore, why are they all leaving now? A legitimate asylum seeker or refugee is literally fleeing for their life. Everyone’s situation just happened to get so bad right around the same time? Why are they not going to other Latin American countries that are closer in South America or other Central American Countries or Mexico? Why are they all looking for Asylum in the US?

Like I said it’s not exactly rocket science.

2 Likes

Yeah, yeah…like in the minds of sheoplized libs…until it comes to DC or lib leaders’ homes, then walls work…amirite? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Truth.

1 Like

Great post. They caught a couple of terrorists from Yemen yesterday…I wonder how many are part of the group known as “Got Aways”, the sizable percentage they don’t catch.

2 Likes

Instead of your usual prattle, how about an actual discussion?

I would say walls along the border work where they impede high volume traffic and where they can be manned in some way. A wall in highly populated areas makes sense to me. A wall in Big Bend makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Now, there is a whole lot of grey area in between those extremes that is up for debate.

2 Likes

Walls in the middle of a desert are retarded. Wasn’t that what has always been said

Eye on the prize…

How’s about creating a doorway to citizenship? One that everyone has to pass through? You need a wall for that.

What? The Daily Wire printed a story based on bull feces?

Must be a day that ends in “Y”.

We have a legal route for individuals wishing to become citizens to become citizens…it might well be that it could be streamlined but that’s another discussion. In truth what is currently happening with the incompetence of the Biden administration on full display is cruel to the people (did you see the video of the crying little boy on tv this morning, that’s on Biden) who think they can race to the border, to the children basically being sold into slavery, it’s unfair to we the taxpayers who’s finite resources are going to be stretched even further thanks to the failure of Biden, and what’s happening now is completely unfair to the 800000 to one million people who go thru the process legally every year.

Illegal border crossings have what … more than doubled at least under Biden’s incompetence. 40% of border patrol manpower is babysitting, not on the front line.

Under Trump thousands and thousands and thousands of people weren’t being sold into slavery, women weren’t being raped by the cartels…

The first Job of the president is the defense of the people of this country. IMHO Biden has completely failed…and his grandstanding phony VP who’s supposed to be running point on this crisis is no where to be found.

Given that leftists impeached Trump for far less…

IMHO Biden’s completely incompetent handling of our southern border should be considered an impeachable offense.

That’s right I used the I word.

3 Likes

You guys find the best sources to confirm your beliefs, vs seeking the facts.

National File

• Overall, we rate National File an extreme right Tin-Foil Hat Conspiracy website based on the promotion of unproven/debunked claims and a Strong Pseudoscience purveyor based on using junk science to support claims.

Do I think Biden will be impeached…of course not.

But we are on pace to have 2 million or more illegal border crossings into this country this year because of one thing. The public policy decisions if the Biden administration. In particular executive orders without even any Congressional action.

That’s incompetence and dereliction of duty by our president on full display.

The man is a disaster.

3 Likes