We've racialized everything else. So why not the flag?

Hmm tough choice, Cream, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd? Not sure I’d call Credence a rock band.

As a guitarist, their stuff is childish. Easiest stuff out there to play. Tight timing though and good execution. Oh and outstanding tone.

2 Likes

Ignoring the likes of Leontyne Price, Renee Fleming et al of course.

And riffs. Don’t forget the iconic riffs.

Simplistic riffs. Am E and D. Rare C and Fm

Oh I agree completely. My post was in jest. I used to work with a guy heavily into music. We used to laugh about how some of the easiest stuff on guitar sounds great. Looks that kill by Motley Crue and Du Hast by Rammstein just to mention a few.

Doesn’t have to be complex to be compelling. Tom Petty, also easy to play but still good music.

I’m afraid to ask who is #1.

As a bassist, it is stuff to learn in the first week of learning your instrument.

Yep, noob stuff. Doesn’t mean it’s necessarily bad though, easy to learn, not so easy to master.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun stuff to play along to.

Isn’t it cool…all in this thread agreed and this may be the first time ever, I’ve witnessed that. :+1:

So what? Still some great riffs

I never heard of her. Really don’t care to know or hear anything else more about her either.

So they’re simple, I agree they’re great.

I was listening to a Beatles countdown of their best songs. My wife asked “How many songs did they have?” My reply was: I don’t know, this is only their top 100.

Oh them hehe.

Yeah, you know the guys who changed the world? The guys who are the hero’s of every band you can think of? Those guys.
:slightly_smiling_face:

What can I say, I have an ingrained bias for electric guitar solos. I certainly wouldn’t call it unfair if they won the poll. Plus I like grittier vocals. You’re lucky I didn’t put Creed on my list.