Were the 2010 midterms a wave election? Were the 2018 midterms? Compare and contrast

Hunker in the bunker and eat your peas, you’re about to get a dose of your own medicine. Comin’ ta gitcha, Trumpie!

:joy::rofl::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah, it probably sucks to have a political worldview that is dependent on spite.

Non-Trumpists are quite happy to see any potential check on your Messiah’s power. :grin:

Just because we’re not blowing Bubbles doesn’t mean we’re upset.

2 Likes

So where are we? It’s hard to keep track:

• 340+ state legislative seats
  • 40+ state executive offices (including 7 governor pick-ups)
  • 39 US House Seats (Democrats take the House)
  • Trump-inflicted losses such as Senate seats in AL and AZ (complain about Flake all you want, Republicans, but the guy voted with Trump and his GOP colleagues overwhelmingly; Trump chased him out. Thanks!)
  • Democrats won at least seven Senate races in states that Trump won
  • Republicans won no races in state that Clinton won
  • NRA took a sound and unequivocal beating, in terms of recent historical context

This is what Trump calls “very close to complete victory” for the GOP. But for Jeebus’s sake, don’t call it a blue wave!

7 Likes

They also won the popular vote by 8%.

That’s a great rundown!

I’m still so happy we finally triple-flushed conservative darling Scott Walker down the sewer.

He’s been in hiding since he lost. It’s become a joke.

2 Likes

Or you could call it 16 electors… Say, didn’t Trump win all those electoral votes in 2016…

@margaretms2

You’re wiki is open.

This election is like being on the beach as a hurricane is fast approaching. Those waves are high!

We’re not. We did pretty well, given the circumstances.

The real question is this: You’ve insisted for years now that Trump’s success heralded the total destruction of the Democratic party (Remember? Our world was crashing around us! Everything we cared about was being destroyed! We all laughed but we’d be sorry as we gobbled our peas!).

So what happened to this tectonic shift you’ve been crowing about? How’d we take back the house? It doesn’t make much sense. Or are you with Trump on this, in that it was “very close to complete victory” for the Republicans and the Plan Is Going Just As You Have Foreseen!

5 Likes

My Beloved LIberal Media appears to be trying to make up for their bad hot takes immediately after the election:

The blue shift alters the trajectory of Trump’s next two years in the White House, breaking up the Republican monopoly in Washington. It also gives Democrats stronger footing in key states ahead of the next presidential race and in the redrawing of congressional districts — a complicated process that has been dominated by the GOP, which has drawn favorable boundaries for their candidates.

Note ingenious euphemism.

1 Like

I think the Trump supporters have reason to be worried. Democratic candidates looked strong in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan. That’s going to be a dagger in Trump’s map if it holds in 2020.

I don’t like to make predictions, especially about the future, but I’ll make this one: I think, whether he wins or loses in the electoral college, Trump will lose the popular vote by a larger margin than he did in 2016.

Which can lead to two kinds of stories:

Good News for GOP

and

Democrats in Disarray

I think the biggest wildcard is who the Dems nominate. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pick someone wretched. In my mind, all they really have to do is pick someone likeable and at least a little smarter than Trump.

1 Like

Walker and Kobach, another cretin. But I think Kobach will show up again.

Right on cue, local wisconsin RW talk radio has a caller whining about raising voting age to 21, and host agreeing wholeheartedly. Dummies!

2 Likes

Strict Constitutional Conservatives.

1 Like

Lets make it 65. That way all the republicans will win.

Allan

4 Likes

This morning I thought you were right. But just now I heard Hannity proclaim the 2018 elections a MASSIVE WIN FOR TRUMP!!

So now I’m not sure.

1 Like