We warned you. Your value to lefties is only what you can provide to them

We’ve already seen some of these countries deny families the right to seek treatment, at their own expense, in cases where their government doctors weren’t succeeding.

Once government is the provider, they’re the decision makers and cost/value will be a factor.

They’re doing the calculations now. That’s how ideas turn into action. You don’t spend all that time and expense doing the research and the math if you aren’t intending on doing something with it.

1 Like

And again all of this completely ignore the voluntary part of the process without government involvement in terms of deciding who gets to be culled.

Just like elder abuse isn’t a thing but happens to ten percent of seniors in any given year.

Elder abuse doesn’t mean murder. You understand that i know you do.

They wouldn’t even have to get their hands dirty, this would be even easier to them than physical abuse.

In those instances the families were allotted due process. It’s not much i understand and i actually have issues with the judge being the final arbiter about someone’s family member in those instances but i am torn. I am torn specifically because we too often hang on to our family members too long for completely selfish reasons. It doesn’t happen often but it happens.

Again you are assuming an absence of empathy that would allow these alleged people to participate in the killing of their family member. That’s a line.

The fact that you’re even torn, that the idea that a family should have to go through any legal process against the government, to try to save a dying loved one doesn’t cause you immediate revulsion is concerning to me.

1 Like

They have to go through a process when it comes to private entities too. Like insurance, adjuster, hospital administrations.

That’s completely beside the point because again we often torture our loved ones out of selfishness. There is nothing wrong with the emotional attachment and that’s why an objective arbiter could be an idea. I don’t like it though

I’m aghast.

That’s all I can say.

That’s emotion affecting a poster for whose rationality I have tremendous respect.

It happens to everyone. Me too. I often don’t understand how an opposing mindset works and i let emotion make the decision for me.

Oh and sense of humor. Whose sense of humor is missing from these boards.

Ok sap fest over :grin:

Bad conservative baaad!

It’s disbelief.

It will always be shocking to me when someone advocates for that level of government control.

The social contract is messy and a half.

The social contract has been breached.

First that requires believing in one…. Claiming breach while promoting rugged individuality and arguing that “collective” is a very bad word makes it seem that you guys didn’t really believe in one to begin with.

Ridiculous. Creating a name for something that everyone else understands almost instinctually doesn’t confer scope or designate limitations.

Contracts vary from very simple to very complex.

“I won’t mess with you, if you don’t mess with me.” is a contract.

OP are you for or against voluntary assisted death? I can’t tell?

Right so if it doesn’t confer scope or designate limitations… how can it be breached…… thanks for rephrasing my post and agreeing with me

Though i would have to say that if the closest thing to a physical contract is the constitution then it 100 percent has been breached. Probably from day 2.