We Need To Stop the Shutdown & Go Back to Work

I cooperate enough not to come off a rude or get thrown out of the store. I don’t take much risk either, but not going to listen to all the crap either. If you remember, first it was nothing to worry about, then nobody needs a mask except medical people, it won’t work anyway…(whatever that was about), come on down to Chinatown!, enjoy the shops & beaches!, then we must stay shut down for ONLY 2 weeks, then 2 more, then 2 more, now months, & if I don’t wear a mask I can’t come in a store, & now if I am for opening up, or don’t wear a mask I’m a murderer! Pffffffffffft!

3 Likes

Careful with wearing a mask that is too restrictive or you’ll end up like that guy in NJ that crashed his car. Can anyone say hypoxia?

Add to that all the wars coming if we have a worldwide economic depression. Are YOU willing to die to get rid of Trump?

2 Likes

I wonder why you are coming across so angry. People are trying to figure this out and not every determination made along the way is correct. So what?

If a business has a dress code (whether that is required customers wear shoes or masks) that is the business prerogative… as long as it applies equally to all customers. What is now a big deal for you?

Trump and Pelosi both underestimated how serious this issue was. So what? Voters can turn them both out of office this November if they decide to. Right now, the only question should be what are our next moves, given the best available data.

The poster has it firmly fixed in his head that people who are worried it’s too soon to come out of lockdowns only want to kill the economy so as to remove Trump.

It’s a Left/Right thing in his mind and nothing anybody says seems able to knock that belief down.

He is going to clean the subway which I thought they started doing in March.

So what?

We have mitigation and remediation plans now.

We were only asked to flatten the curve which we did.

4 weeks was plenty.

We won’t let this happen.

Actually we don’t have mitigation and remediation plans right now.

Well…we might have plans…we don’t have the capability.

Most experts agree our testing capacity has to be increased threefold if we are to have a chance at mitigation.

We see new hotspots crop up in places like meat plants that we still have no ability to predict.

You are in a lonely place.

Stay safe.

You’re out of your mind, I said nothing about abortion in that exchange.

Take a break.

What complete nonsense. Every public health agency in the country and every emergency response organization have both mitigation and remediation plans in place and have had for decades.

What is it you supposedly do “In the Industry Again”?

We can now test over 2 Million people for the virus itself each week and have a near unlimited capacity to run the antibody tests.

The capacity for both is increasing at well over 200,000 per week.

We have more than enough of what we need in place right now for the phased restart.

Stick to what you know, this ain’t it.

I pointed out some of the clear and obvious conclusions of the position you asserted – that liberty is a conditional of life.

Think it through and think about what your position implies. Exercise your mind rather than calling me out of my mind.

Fauci says we will get there…at the end of May or beginning of June.

https://www.axios.com/fauci-coronavirus-testing-june-c1a79bbf-f41a-4d32-b63d-0bf3143cacf3.html

I guess he forgot to consult you.

In fact, I can’t for the life of me figure out why the task force hasn’t brought you on board yet.

We’d have HCQ/ZPack/Zinc in a continuous release formulation by now and people would already be lining up for their vaccines.

Then you could turn your attention to getting oil back to $60 a barrel by September…

:rofl:

1 Like

This is what I’m talking about. Try to figure this out.

1 Like

Right! Originally it was for 2 weeks, NOT to stop it, to slow it so the hospitals could stay up. They knew it would still go through the population, now it’s 2 weeks, them 2 more, then 2 more, now it’s months! Absurd.

Then give us a hard date for the lockdowns to end.

“It’s only for a couple of weeks.”

“It’s only for a month.”

“It’s just for six weeks”.

“We can’t end the lockdowns till we have ‘mass testing’”.

“We can’t end the lockdowns till we have enough testing for the entire population and a working vaccine”.

“We can’t end the lockdowns until we can test everyone in the work force regularly and quarantine anyone positive for 2-4 weeks, have proven treatments and a proven vaccine”.

“It’s ok folks, it’s just temporary… :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Are you perhaps seeing a pattern here because I am.

2 Likes

If you bought the original deadline of two weeks, you have zero clue how pandemics work.

And it’s not “months” except for some of the hardest hit areas like New York City, perhaps.

States are opening up right now…hell even my own state has construction reopening tomorrow and most of the western central part of the state will open up next week.

Unfortunately I live in a hot zone so it’s a few more weeks here.

But if you thought this was going to be over in a couple weeks, you were deluded.

And even the new normal won’t be totally normal. We are not having a V-shaped recovery and we were never going to have a V-shaped recovery.

1 Like

the overwhelming majority of americans support th elockdown.
poll after poll