We are losing the war on Christmas

Water carriers.

Got to love it though, Here it is, 9 years later, and Right Wingers are still obsessing over 6 square inches of Andy Warhol’s Mao seen on one Obama White House ornament hung on one White House tree just one time.

Yet I am falsely accused of having Trump Derangement Syndrome.

:laughing:

4 Likes

Yes.

You are proudly carrying water for the Right Wing lunatic fringe!

:hugs:

2 Likes

We, who aren’t clueless, notice how you weren’t able to refute what I posted about what really took place with that ornament.

It is OK, you can try to deflect, we get it, we laugh.

2 Likes

You do know that Image of Mao was of him dressed up in Drag as an insult to him and his government right? its banned in China.

2 Likes

People go to jail in China for having copies of that image no joke.

1 Like

…but celebrated in this country.

Careful, or Ish might burn you with a “water carrier” reference comeback!

2 Likes

And here they become friends with the Obamas.

No need to refute. The fact is fact. Obama celebrated the birth of Jesus with a picture of a communist murderer.

Celebrated as “modern art”.

I know that understanding or appreciating modern art goes beyond the scope of what many Right Wingers can comprehend, but trust us, the celebrating of Warhol’s Mao images isn’t for what Mao did to people but what Warhol did to Mao.

1 Like

He did no such thing.

That is a Right Wing fantasy fallacy.

Just admit it.

2 Likes

Yes because its mocking Mao.

1 Like

Oh you try so hard. Your insult is noted.
But Warhol is better known for pop art than “modern art”.
There may be experts here that can run circles around me in their knowledge of real modern art of Picasso, Cezanne, Kandinski…
But they won’t appreciate it more than I do.
A copy of Picasso’s Three Musicians (the one with the dog under the table) hangs in my office today…

Nice try.

If you want to see how real modern art would represent the kind of atrocities perpetrated upon a people by a murderer, take a look at Picasso’s Guernica. There is no man in drag in that picture.

Which god are we talking about now?

Great post, Lou!

2 Likes

Oh… sorry. I understand your confusion. I am not referring to your Barack Obama. I should have made that clear.

If you want to get into the weeds, Warhol is contemporary art, not modern art.

1 Like

Tell @LouC.
Maybe he will think twice before he tries to insult others’ knowledge when he himself needs some education.

Second that.

3 Likes