We are all one Tweet away from being fired

Never mind.

I should have known better than to post in this thread.

Cognitive Dissonance

http://blog.dilbert.com/2017/06/03/an-example-of-cognitive-dissonance/

Dude, you can’t even handle it when people disagree with you on a political forum.

3 Likes

Classic Cognitive Dissonance
http://blog.dilbert.com/2017/06/03/an-example-of-cognitive-dissonance/

To troll someone else.

You aren’t current with the latest tech. Millions of fake twitter accounts created by bots have been deleted by twitter. Now AI makes these much harder to find.

Back to the point.

Suppose you like hamburgers and post ways to cook them.

IN the not to far future, you will be condemned. Cows cause global warming, the beef industry especially. So you are a climate denier, and a racist. We all know minority communities are affect by global warming, more than whites.

So for your racist climate denier promotion of hamburgers, you must be fired, your business snuffed out, any advertisers on your program boycotted till you are gone, sleeping under a bridge somewhere.

Or worse

PS: Apologizing will do no good. It only proved your guilt.

Another coded “Why can’t I call a ■■■■■■ a ■■■■■■?” thread.

5 Likes

I’m going just start calling women ■■■■■ and I’ll have my own tv show and get an award for “advancing social change.”

1 Like

It must suck to have to be responsible for one’s own words.

Learn to act like a half decent human being instead of a rabid troll drunk on keyboard courage then things like this wouldn’t happen. You can say what you want on social media, but folks have to be willing to deal with the consequences of what they type. Many feel all secure and safe behind their screens knowing they don’t have the balls to say any of that crap in the intended victims face. Sort of like our president. Social media is a blessing and a curse and one of the curses is having to answer for any inappropriate post.

1 Like

awwwwwwwwww! I see that you’ve learned a new term. We can tell because you have used it a few times regardless of context of the conversation. Great job, you can read.

I have another term for you to learn, it’s called Projection

You say racist crap under your own name on social media, and you should expect backlash.

1 Like

Thank goodness I don’t have a twitter, facbook, snapchat or any other social media account. This forum is as close as it gets to that. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t want to say it can’t happen to me–you never know–but when it does, it’s my fault.

Or…one could use social media reservedly, don’t say anything on it you wouldn’t say in person, and balls up and take responsibility if you say something racist.

Typing something on Twitter isn’t having a chat with a friend in your living room. It’s going out in the town square and ringing bells and yelling at people trying to get attention.

You don’t get to decide the consequences for someone else’s speech other than to decide whether you will continue to consume that person’s speech.

Her employer decided to impose consequences for her speech. They’re within their right to do so.

The 1st amendment prevents the government from denying your speech. It doesn’t protect you from any consequences outside of that.

1 Like

Like calling Ivanka a ■■■■ on her show then “apologizing” on Twitter.

■■■■■■■ classless and half-assed as an “apology.”

I was going to say, if you’re employed by a company or some other organization, you have always potentially been one racist tirade/insult/offensive statement away from being fired.

2 Likes

Don’t have a Twitter account. So me tweeting something isn’t a danger