Watch: Are We In The End Times and How Can We Tell?

From a Christian essay reminding of the expression That Jesus is called the “Great Physician”

"Twice in his biographies Jesus referred to himself as a “physician” or “doctor,” once in the sense of “spiritual healer” and once in the sense of “physical healer.”
Jesus as Spiritual Healer: His opponents once attacked him for having unsavory characters such as tax collectors and “sinners” among his disciples. Jesus reminded them that “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Mark 2:17)

Jesus as Physical Healer: When Jesus gave his first sermon in his hometown synagogue of Nazareth, he anticipated the possessive nature of the crowd when he challenged them: “Surely you will quote this proverb to me: ‘Physician, heal yourself! Do here in your hometown what we have heard that you did in Capernaum.’” (Luke 4:23)

Jesus’ role as “physician” and healer is so pervasive in his biographies and so essential to Jesus’ mission that he cannot be understood apart from it. The crowds seemed instinctively to see Jesus as a “physician.” It’s a title he clearly deserves. One has only to skim through the biographies of Jesus to note the remarkable attention he gave to healing. He was a physician, a healer whose time was consumed with encounters with people who were sick, blind, lame, deaf, leprous, paralyzed or mentally ill. Each of the biographies portrays Jesus in this way. (see Recorded Miracles of Jesus)"

In Buddhism, the Buddha is also known as the “Great Physician”

The ultimate core of the Lotus Sutra, uses the appellation in the most revered Parable, called the “Parable of the Great Physician.”

The parable tell of a physician who return home to find his innumerable sons, deathly ill after mistakenly drinking a poison. They lay wreathing on the ground in agony.

The Physician father, prepares the most efficacious medicine, tell his poisoned sons to take the antidote. The first 1/3 of his children, believing their father, immediately take the antidote and become cured. The second third of the children, take a much longer period to decide and then also take the medicine. They also are quickly cured.

The last third of the children are the sickest and the Great Physician sees that the poison has entered the mind and body so deeply, they are delerious.

The Physician father, determined to save the sickest children, who refused to take the medicine, with the deepest wisdom, devises an “EXPEDIENT MEANS.” so that these sickest children can also be cured.

He decides to say, “I leave this correct and perfect medicine here–Now I travel to a distant country and you should take this medicine I leave here for you and you will be cured!”

The father/Physician, then departs to another country and has a messenger, bring the sick children a message, saying, “Your Father is Dead!”

The shocking news penetrates into the minds of these children, and in their tears and shock, arise and take the medicine and are instantly cured.

Then the father returns again to see all his children healthy again and everyone is joyous.

Here is the text of this parable from the scripture:

Suppose, for instance, a good physician, who is wise and perspicacious,
conversant with medical art, and skillful in healing all sorts of diseases. He has many
sons, say ten, twenty, even up to a hundred. Because of some matter he goes abroad to
a distant country. After his departure, his sons drink his other poisonous medicines,
which send them into a delirium, and they lie rolling on the ground. At this moment
their father comes back to his home. Of the sons who drank the poison, some have lost
their senses, others are [still] sensible, but on seeing their father [approaching] in the
distance they are all greatly delighted, and kneeling, salute him, asking; ‘How good it is that you are returned in safety! We, in our foolishness, have mistakenly dosed
ourselves with poison. We beg that you will heal us and give us back our lives.’ The
father, seeing his sons in such distress, in accordance with his prescriptions seeks for
good herbs altogether perfect in color, scent, and fine flavor, and then pounds, sifts,
and mixes them and gives them to his sons to take, speaking thus: ‘This excellent
medicine, with color, scent, and fine flavor altogether perfect, you may [now] take, and
it will at once rid you of your distress so that you will have no more suffering.’ Those
amongst the sons who are sensible, seeing this excellent medicine with color and scent
both good, take it immediately and are totally delivered from their illness. The others,
who have lost their senses, seeing their father come, though they are also delighted,
salute him, and ask him to heal their illness, yet when he offers them the medicine,
they are unwilling to take it. Wherefore? Because the poison has entered deeply, they
have lost their senses, and [even] in regard to this medicine of excellent color and scent
they acknowledge that it is not good. The father reflects thus: ‘Alas for these sons,
afflicted by this poison, and their minds all unbalanced. Though they are glad to see
me and implore to be healed, yet they are unwilling to take such excellent medicine as
this. Now I must arrange an expedient plan so that they will take this medicine.’ Then
he says to them: ‘You should know that I am now worn out with old age and the time
of my death has now arrived. This excellent medicine I now leave here. You may take
it and have no fear of not being better.’ After thus admonishing them, he departs again
for another country and sends a messenger back to inform them: ‘Your father is dead.’
And now, when those sons hear that their father is dead, their minds are greatly
distressed and they thus reflect: ‘If our father were alive he would have pity on us, and
we should be saved and preserved. But now he has left us and died in a distant
country. [Now] we feel we are orphans and have no one to rely on.’ Continuous grief
brings them to their senses, and they recognize the color, scent, and excellent flavor of
the medicine and thereupon take it, their poisoning being entirely relieved. The father,
hearing that the sons are all recovered, seeks an opportunity and returns so that they
all see him. All my good sons! What is your opinion? Are there any who could say that
this good physician had committed the sin of falsehood?"
“No, World-honored One!”
The Buddha [then] said; “I also am like this. Since I became Buddha, infinite
boundless hundred thousand myriad kotis of nayutas of asamkhyeya kalpas ago, for
the sake of all living beings, by my tactful power, I have declared that I must enter
nirvana, yet there is none who can lawfully accuse me of the error of falsehood.”
At that time the World-honored One, desiring to proclaim this teaching over spoke thus in verse:
"Since I attained buddhahood,
The kalpas through which I have passed
Are infinite thousands of myriads
Of kotis of asamkhyeya years.
Ceaselessly preached I the Law and taught
Countless kotis of creatures
To enter the Way of the Buddha;
Since then are unmeasured kalpas.
In order to save all creatures,
By tactful methods I reveal nirvana,
Yet truly I am not [yet] extinct
But forever here preaching the Law.
I forever remain in this [world],
Using all my spiritual powers
So that all perverted creatures,
Though I am near, yet fail to see me.
All looking on me as extinct

Everywhere worship my relics,
All cherishing longing desires,
And beget thirsting hearts of hope.
[When] all creatures have believed and obeyed,
In [character] upright, in mind gentle,
Wholeheartedly wishing to see the Buddha,
Not caring for their own lives,
Then I with all the Samgha
Appear together on the Divine Vulture Peak.
And then I tell all creatures
That I exist forever in this [world],
By the power of tactful methods
Revealing [myself] extinct and not extinct.
[If] in other regions there are beings
Reverent and with faith aspiring,
Again I am in their midst
To preach the supreme Law.
You, not hearing of this,
Only say I am extinct.
I behold all living creatures
Sunk in the sea of suffering,
Hence I do not reveal myself
But set them all aspiring,
Till, when their hearts are longing,
I appear to preach the Law.
In such supernaturally pervading power,
Throughout asamkhyeya kalpas
[I am] always on the Divine Vulture Peak
And in every other dwelling place.
When all the living see, at the kalpa’s end,
The conflagration when it is burning,
Tranquil is this realm of mine,
Ever filled with heavenly beings,
Parks, and many palaces
With every kind of gem adorned,
Precious trees full of blossoms and fruits,

Where all creatures take their pleasure;
All the gods strike the heavenly drums
And evermore make music,
Showering mandarava flowers
On the Buddha and his great assembly.
My Pure Land will never be destroyed,
Yet all view it as being burned up,
And grief and horror and distress
Fill them all like this.
All those sinful creatures,
By reason of their evil karma,
Throughout asamkhyeya kalpas,
Hear not the name of the Precious Three.
But all who perform virtuous deeds
And are gentle and of upright nature,
These all see that I exist
And am here expounding the Law.
At times for all this throng
I preach the Buddha’s life is eternal;

To those who at length see the Buddha
I preach that a buddha is rarely met.
My intelligence-power is such,
My wisdom-light shines infinitely,
My life is of countless kalpas,
From long-cultivated karma obtained.
You who have intelligence,
Do not in regard to this beget doubt
But bring it forever to an end,
For the Buddha’s words are true, not false.
Like the physician who with clever device,
In order to cure his demented sons,
Though indeed alive announces [his own] death,

[Yet] cannot be charged with falsehood,
I, too, being father of this world,
Who heals all misery and affliction,
For the sake of the perverted people,
Though truly alive, say [I am] extinct;
[Lest,] because always seeing me,
They should beget arrogant minds,
Be dissolute and set in their five desires,
And fall into evil paths.
I, ever knowing all beings,
Those who walk or walk not in the Way,
According to the right principles of salvation
Expound their every Law,
Ever making this my thought:
‘How shall I cause all the living
To enter the Way supreme
And speedily accomplish* their buddhahood?’"*

Many can argue over the meaning of this but between the lines it is clear who the excellent, Great Physician is referring to, and who taught this parable!

IMO, the only way we can understand the NT Scripture is to know the OT Scripture and using the Bible itself as our commentary.

666 is mentioned twice in the OT Scripture. Both times it is mentioned, is in connection to a man. Solomon was the richest man that ever lived. He was the “Rich Man.” 1 Kings 10: 14-22.

"Now the weight of gold which came in to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold.

The number of a man - Solomon has a connection to The Revelation. "Here is wisdom, let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast - for the number is that of a man - and his number is six hundred and sixty-six. Revelations 13;18

God made Solomon king and a rich man. Toward the end of his life, he let the bad 700 wives turn his heart to totally serving idols.

That sounds like a parallel to the ones who went out from the presence of God - the antichrists in the books of John.

Solomon was the only man in all of Scripture that fits the type-antitype when he decided to leave God who given him his wealth and wisdom.

The rich unbelieving Jews and religious leaders decided to leave the same way. They refused to accept the Messiah as their Savior which led to the destruction of their temple and their city in 70 AD.

I don’t see how anyone today can receive any mark like that.

What about George Soros? He’s a Jew, extremely rich…one of the richest people alive, hates God and is doing his best to destroy everything good that he can. It makes me wonder how he fits in, if at all to the end of times prophecy?

I always found it interesting that JN 6:66 is the line where many disciples abandoned Jesus because of His teaching.

Yes. that is interesting. I hadn’t noticed that.

Was George ever a faithful child of God to fall away?

I take it as Providential coincidence. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m trying to grasp and understand the Book of Revelation. I felt compelled to try again this evening but fell upon Jude…the Book right before. I reread it and couldn’t help but conclude it applies to right now. Here it is and I’d like to hear your opinion. It appears to me to be addressing our very moment in time…2022?

1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James,

To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for[a] Jesus Christ:

2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about[b] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[c] at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”[d] 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”[e] 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

A Call to Persevere
17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.[f]

Doxology
24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Right you are brother Smyrna! Many, if not most of the prophecies in the Bible have dual applications for the time they were written AND for the future time of the end. Jesus tells us this in Matthew, I believe because man is the same now as he always has been since the fall in Eden.

I find it interesting that if you do the genealogy starting in Genesis, you’d find the flood occurred 1656 years after creation. God found that mans heart was evil continually and intervened by basically starting over. A little over 2000 years later, again, the evil of man required another intervention and so God sent his son. Here we are again 2000 years later and it seems we are in a state of perpetual evil. It seems we are due for another intervention, with this one being the final.

As the saying goes those who don’t learn from history are bound to repeat it, and we are. Hence Gods prophetic passages in scripture. As it was then, so it will be again and here’s what to look for towards the end.

It’s happening… Start looking up!

2 Likes

Let me count the numbers…Apophis

I find a lot about Apophis very interesting but I don’t believe it’s what Revelation is talking about. Too many other things happening in the world that I believe more closely resemble end time prophecy.

Jude is addressing moments in his own time, just as in Revelation John is addressing the people of that past time.

What we are seeing today has been seen before, down through the ages, even into the times of early Christianity–and even before then. (Jude cites some of these instances in his letter.)

Just as people then weathered what was happening and were able to move on, so shall we.

1 Like

If we are in the end times, theres not much one can try to alter or prevent its progress and development.

There has always been turmoils and uncertainties as well as debauchery of human behavior of various degrees . Which can be taken as indicators for eschatology.

The proper preparation in anticipation of Christ’s second coming is evangelism. For its Christ’s first coming that saves and not His second coming or the end times.

John 9.4
We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work

It is through Christ where the true lasting peace will come. Christ is the source of our peace with God.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

1 Like

When remonstrating with the Pharisees and Rabbis, Jesus said:

His warning in Matthew is strict.

All the “straining out the gnats” in the world, has a side effect. I think he is referring to the self-centered pride of knowledge alone that can block recognition. And, following rules and seeking precepts codified, is shallow. True faith brings a deep recognition when following rules alone misses the point.

1 Like

At the very end of Matthew 22, just after he answers about the 2 Commandments, Jesus asks the Pharisees a question:

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”

“The son of David,” they replied.

43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44 “‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’[e]

45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?” 46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

The time could already be called the “Latter Days.”

1 Like

How do you understand Matt 22:41-45 as relevant to the end times question? I’m missing your train of thought.

Jesus needing to refute the Pharisees and Rabbi’s for distortion of the truth, is an indicator of the “Latter Day.”

Jesus appears at a time when the Law is threatened by erroneous beliefs. It is at the end of the old covenant when a Messiah appears–this in relation to the timeline of the Jews and their original propagation AND the CAPACITY of the people to take faith.

Like everything in mundane life and even the nature of sowing seeds and harvesting seeds, follows a natural law.

In Matthew, Jesus remonstrates with those Priests who cannot recognize a Messiah right in front of their faces!–in fact they sentence him to death… It is at a TIME when the minds of people has lost and scorched their own seed for salvation.

Jesus completely refutes and remonstrates with the establishment Jews–not to “destroy the Law and prophets” but to fulfill.

The natural seed and harvest of the people’s faith was now at the point where the Buddha/Messiah of the particular Time and Country appears at a time when the “Prophets” teaching have been trodden over and lost to time and even seek to put the Messiah/Buddha to death. This is a sure sign of a Latter Day.

The Sequence of Propagation has occurred before in other lands in earlier times.

There is a Former, Middle and Latter Day of the Law, just as there are cycles in nature, including Time and Place itself,

Jesus knew the Law of the Sequence of Propagation of the teaching.

When leaders , even great religious scholars and Priests are so warped in their dogma and ideas, as to seek to kill a Messiah/Buddha who was born to teach the True Law, then you know a very special time has arrived. Even, the Apostles of that Messiah are disbelieving and later disciples are confused, with partial views. That is a "Latter Day.’

The “End Times” is a general term for a 10,000 year long “Latter Day” period.

This has to be understood in terms of Time, Country and Capacity of the people,

The True Law is not only taught once, in one country, but eternally, everywhere beings reside.

Even now people have very warped ideas even after receiving the seed of the True Teaching. as time goes on, the beings either get the highest recompense or fall into hellish states.

When a Buddha/Messiah is not recognized instantly, this is “End Times,” but also a time when even ignorant people can attain salvation with faith alone.

Some said Jesus deserved to be put to death, Matt 22:41-45, is a total refutation of the so called religious leaders of the time, who were religious leaders in name only. Followers of those Warped Priests are also guilty on a case by case, karmic basis and that holds true today. Not recognizing all this, is ignorance, but this does not mean ignorant people with true faith, are doomed. This is why the Law is called “Wonderful”

I can’t write more about the origin of “Latter Day” and “End Times” at the moment, but in closing, people have to have an unshakable, single mind of faith.

Earlier is this thread I made four posts with more information. I understand it may be difficult to understand how this is connected.

If one can learn to understand that the True Principle is not only taught in one time or place, one can see the highest mercy and love exists everywhere eternally, the one can understand a passage from a Buddhist teaching about the Latter Day in a deeper way

From a scripture known as the Daijuku Sutra, we see the true nature:

"When the spirit of Buddhism is lost or hidden
away, people will all let their body hair and nails grow
long. Worldly ethics and laws will be forgotten and
ignored. Loud noises will come from the sky and the
world will shake and move, as though it was on a
spinning waterwheel. The walls of the cities, houses
and dwellings, will collapse. The medicinal properties
of plants will vanish. All but the highest five regions
in the world of form and desire, will no longer possess
the seven flavors of the tongue or the three good powers of the earth: worldly law, natural law and the True Law. Eventually everything will die. All the positive teachings that lead to freedom will disappear.
Flowers and fruits will hardly grow and all become sour.
Waterwells, springs and ponds will turn to dust and the
earth will buckle and open into dark and ugly rifts.
Mountains will burn. The rain dragon will not bring
rain so the crops will wither and die. All life will
disappear; even grass will not grow. Even the sun and
moon will no longer shed their light!
Throughout the four directions, drought and evil
omens will prevail. The ten kinds of evil behavior,
especially greed, anger and stupidity, will be
predominant. People will not honor their fathers or
mothers any more than do lower animals. All beings will slowly vanish and their life span will decrease, so too will any enjoyment or pleasure they may once have had in life. Gradually all beings will enter into even lower,more evil life-states.

The evil rulers and priests will destroy the True
Law of Buddhism until no one can be born as a human being or a god. The protective deities and godly kings who normally take pity on human beings will abandon them forever and depart to other realms."

When the topic of End Times is discussed it is important to seek the topics origin.

Various historical documents can show that “History,” as to the origins of Indian, Egyptian, Sumerian, Mitanni, Persian, Hebrew, and others are not only intertwined, but have the same origin.

Essentially, the Sumerians, Egyptians, Babylonians, Jews and arose from India and the Source is first seen historically in these religions was the Vedas and Indic scripture.

There are many factors that prove this but there are many factors to learn. Of course establishment history tends to be clannish and with many ideas coming from scholarly belief system bubbles, unaware of how the other bubbles connect.

Here is one writeup on the connection Egyptian to the Vedic and more. I will post other background info as well.

This following center on the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten. Later I will document how the Old Testament characters Abraham and Sarah actually came from India and Noah came from Sumerian scriptures.

There was not only one major flood, but four documented, and each time, there was massive relocations of civilization, yet the same doctrines were held in common, in different locales by different groups.

Because the Biblical sources for the origin of the “Latter Days” is sketchy one can find the real origins in other sources. The “sources” are all locally said to be the one true scriptures by later followers.

An article–one of many----that make the connection between Abraham and Sarah with Brahma and Sarasvati.