Watch: Are We In The End Times and How Can We Tell?

I don’t think though that the statue prophecy states that there would be only three empires subsequent to the Golden Head, Babylon.

The beasts prophecy begins after the foregoing Golden Head. Medo-Persia had the king who God humbled to eat grass like an ox, and restored to the throne. Maybe Daniel helped keep the throne ready for his return to sanity because he recognized him as this lion whose wings were plucked and who was made to stand up like a man.

Alexander the great, Greece, took the Empire from Medo-Persia through three significant victories at Issus, Granicus and Gaugamela (the three ribs in the bears mouth?) He also suffered from a deformity that cause a tilt in his neck (perhaps causing one shoulder to appear higher than the other?)

Rome was noted for the way troops could move rapidly across the empire via the roads Rome built, and was organized under four general who took over after the Caesars stopped ruling (the leopard with four wings and four heads?)

The next empire to overrun Israel was Islam (the last mentioned fearsome and violent beast?)

1 Like

It is no coincidence that Jesus came on the scene right at the beginning of the Age of Pisces (the Fish). Christianity.

Before that, it was the Age of Aries (the Ram). Judaism.

And before that, it was the Age of Taurus (the Bull). Egypt/Mesopotamia.

History’s religious aspects always line up with the astrological age of that time.

We are currently on the tail-end of Pisces and entering the Age of Aquarius (the Water Bearer). We will officially be in that age in about the year 2160 (the length of an Astrological Age).

Stars are referenced many times in the Bible.

1 Like

Luke 21

7 And they asked him, saying, Teacher, when therefore shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when these things are about to come to pass? 8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not led astray: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am he; and, The time is at hand: go ye not after them. 9 And when ye shall hear of wars and tumults, be not terrified: for these things must needs come to pass first; but the end is not immediately.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11 and there shall be great earthquakes, and in divers places famines and pestilences; and there shall be terrors and great signs from heaven. 12 But before all these things, they shall lay their hands on you, and shall persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, [b]bringing you before kings and governors for my name’s sake. 13 It shall turn out unto you for a testimony. 14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate beforehand how to answer: 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to withstand or to gainsay. 16 But ye shall be [c]delivered up even by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolk, and friends; and some of you [d]shall they cause to be put to death. 17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake. 18 And not a hair of your head shall perish. 19 In your [e]patience ye shall win your [f]souls.

20 But when ye see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that her desolation is at hand. 21 Then let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains; and let them that are in the midst of her depart out; and let not them that are in the country enter therein. 22 For these are days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 Woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days! for there shall be great distress upon the [g]land, and wrath unto this people. 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led captive into all the nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25 And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the billows; 26 men [h]fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on [i]the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads; because your redemption draweth nigh.

29 And he spake to them a parable: Behold the fig tree, and all the trees: 30 when they now shoot forth, ye see it and know of your own selves that the summer is now nigh. 31 Even so ye also, when ye see these things coming to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh. 32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all things be accomplished. 33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

34 But take heed to yourselves, lest haply your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day come on you suddenly as a snare: 35 for so shall it come upon all them that dwell on the face of all the earth. 36 But watch ye at every season, making supplication, that ye may prevail to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

May 14, 1948

The Revelation was addressed to “seven assembles in Asia.” It was not addressed to us today. We can read it, but the message was meant for those early disciples. It is not our mail.

The word Apokalupsis, our word - Apocalypse, literally means a revelation, a discovery of what had been hidden. This hidden revelation was given by God/Yahweh to Jesus. Jesus gave it to his angel and his angel revealed it to John. After that it was not a mystery.

John was told to write, so he wrote, over 2000 years ago. History (from eyewitnesses) shows us how what was revealed came to pass in the first century.

Thank you Piper. Here is what Jesus said that leads me to believe there’s more to this;

4 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

At the time of John, the gospel had not yet been preached to the whole world. I do not disagree that that the dimension you speak of occurred as Jesus said but I also believe this comment was multi-dimensional and includes the time of His second coming. I don’t know anything for sure so…I “watch”.

2 Likes

Psalm 105 says, “He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations…”

We’re only about 150-200 generations since Abraham.

Everybody can pick out a piece of scripture and declare that “this is it.”

Scripture is for all generations. Revelation included. If Revelation pertains only to this particular snippet of time, then it really wasn’t pertinent to any previous time and generation.

When it comes to this, as Jesus said, even the Son of Man does not know? That said, this is an absolutely crazy time in human history, that appears to be getting crazier, instead of the other way around…so I watch. Are there any signs that can be seen and associated with the Bible references to the second coming? Both you and Piper are very well versed so I put this out there, knowing how much I do not know and look for thoughts on this from my Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

1 Like

God is a God of Covenants.

Luke 22:20 “This cup is the New Covenant in My Blood, which is shed for you.”

Matthew 26:28 Matthew said the cup represented his blood shed “for the remission of sins.”

Jeremiah 31:31, God promised Israel He would establish a New Covenant with them, in the last days, and in that New Covenant, they would find forgiveness of sin. The Old Covenant of Law could never give forgiveness of sin. Their sins were covered - rolled forward for a year when they sacrificed animals, etc once a year.

Hebrews 1:1 Jesus appeared in the last days, the days when God was to make His New Covenant with Israel.

Romans 15:8 Jesus came to confirm the promises made to the fathers." - of Israel.

Jesus told his disciples that the cup represented His blood. He was shedding His blood to establish the (definite article) New Covenant. Jesus was establishing a New Covenant to fulfill the promise of Jeremiah 31, Ezekiel 37 and other prophecies of the New Covenant.

This New Covenant would be written on the heart, not on tables of stone like the other covenant God made with Israel.

God’s Covenants had to be sealed with blood The Mosaic Covenant was sealed with the sprinkling of the blood of animals. Ex 24

The New Covenant of Jesus was sealed by His blood. Heb 9

Last days in Scripture was the last days of that Old Covenant. Not the last days of the world.

There are always signs that fit. Always have been. People throughout the ages have been convinced that their time was THE time.

Better approach (in my opinion) is to be ready for one’s own end time. We’re all going to get one.

3 Likes

I heard a sermon precisely on that with respect to Revelation. (Look up Bishop Baron’s sermon from this past Sunday.) Yes, John’s Book of Revelation was a vision of the clash between the Old World and the New – which started with Jesus’ death and resurrection, a new world of salvation. Baron’s imagery was that of two meteorological fronts running into each other, and the storms that often arise from that.

2 Likes

Not to mention Revelation 18 forward. The allusion to Babylon falling is very telling.

The Revelation is “The Revelation of Jesus Christ.” “The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place;”

The gospel of Jesus Christ is that “Jesus lived, died and arose, and is alive for evermore.” That is the gospel in a nutshell.

Rev 1:17-19 "Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one; I died, and behold I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

John was told to: 19 “Now write what you see, what is and what is to take place hereafter.”

Rev 14:6 “Then I saw another angel flying in midair and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth – to every nation, tribe, language and people.”

.An apostle of Jesus Christ had to have been an eye witness to Jesus’ life, death burial and resurrection.

The qualifications of the apostle to replace Judas…

Acts 1:21 “So one of the men who have accompanied us during all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 22 beginning from the baptism of John until the day when he was taken up from us–one of these men must become with us a witness to his resurrection." 23 And they put forward two, Joseph called Barsab’bas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthi’as. 24 And they prayed and said, “Lord, who knowest the hearts of all men, show which one of these two thou hast chosen 25 to take the place in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside, to go to his own place.” 26 And they cast lots for them, and the lot fell on Matthi’as; and he was enrolled with the eleven apostles.”

These eyewitnesses proclaimed (preached) the gospel of Jesus Christ to the known world in the first century. Rome ruled that world.

We believe what the witnesses proclaimed. We can only repeat what the witnesses said. The everlasting gospel has already been proclaimed.

Luke 2:1 “In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be enrolled. 2 This was the first enrollment, when Quirin’i-us was governor of Syria. 3 And all went to be enrolled, each to his own city. 4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, 5 to be enrolled with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child.”

Caesar Augustus decreed that the whole world should be taxed. Evidently, the whole world meant the Roman Empire.

And we are called to believe their testimony. “Blessed are those who have not seen, and believe.”

That blessing was said for me, and for each and every one of us who have come after those events.

1 Like

Who is this Babylon mentioned in The Revelation?

It is not the real Babylon from 4000 years ago that exiled thousands of Jews. That Babylon is in ruins today.

Babylonia was a state in ancient Mesopotamia. The city of Babylon, whose ruins are located in present-day Iraq, was founded more than 4,000 years ago as a small port town on the Euphrates River. It grew into one of the largest cities of the ancient world under the rule of Hammurabi. Several centuries later, a new line of kings established a Neo-Babylonian Empire that spanned from the Persian Gulf to the Mediterranean Sea. During this period, Babylon became a city of beautiful and lavish buildings. Biblical and archaeological evidence point toward the forced exile of thousands of Jews to Babylon around this time."

Babylon: Hanging Gardens & Tower of Babel - HISTORY.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biblegateway.com/passage/%3Fsearch=Revelation%2B18&version=NIV&interface=amp

Revelation 18

Thanks. The Bible is it’s own commentary. :smiley:

Babylon was once a great city. It was once a faithful city – called a holy city. The holy city was the place where God had blessed the law written on stone tablets that he had delivered to the Jews.

God had blessed the Jews with the holy city – Jerusalem, where His temple sat, as a reminder of His abiding presence among them.

The city, Babylon was the city that had killed the prophets.

Jesus said this to the religious Jewish leaders of his day. "I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they kill and persecute, so that the blood of all the prophets shed from the foundation of the world may be required of this generation.

From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who perished between the alter and the sanctuary…yes, I tell you it shall be required of this generation." Luke 11

Jerusalem was the only city that fit the description of Babylon.

Jesus said: 37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not! 38 Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

And this: Luke 13:33 Nevertheless I must go on my way today and tomorrow and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish away from Jerusalem.’

Jerusalem was the only city that fits this passage. Jerusalem was destroyed a few years after Jesus spoke these words.

So as far as things that need to happen, I don’t believe yet that we’ve had the Mark of the beast happen.

Speaker 2

So that’s one major thing that needs to occur before Jesus Christ can come is the Mark of the beast will come about and everybody in the world will have to decide. And honestly, the biggest thing, too is Matthew 20 414 which says this gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness and to all nations and then Shelley income. So basically we have to have the gospel spread to the entire world and sadly, that has not happened yet. But I do believe that will be happening soon and I do see it’s happening in the near future because I mean, the way technology and everything’s going it’s going to happen soon, I think.

In the 22nd chapter of the Lotus Sutra, the primordial Buddha announces the final commission of the Supreme Law to an infinite number of living beings during an infinite period of time. The passing time is infinite and the same period as time without beginning manifesting in each passing moment. This Chapter of the Lotus Sutra end the “Ceremony in the air” which appears from the CHAPTER XI
Beholding the Precious Stupa and the final commission to the Saints out of Earth and all Bodhisattva’s. Chapter 11-22

I leave it to the curious reader to discern, that the “end times” as taught by the Buddha Jesus is based in the same revelation that manifest since time without beginning.

Everything all depends on the Buddha appearing since the infinite time until the present, appearing in different times in different worlds in different lands, known by different names, each fully enlightened with the three bodies of a Buddha. This is inherent in all beings.

CHAPTER XXII
The Final Commission
At that time Shakyamuni Buddha rose from his Law seat, manifesting supernatural
powers, laid his right hand on the heads of the innumerable bodhisattva-mahasattvas,
and spoke thus: “I, for incalculable hundreds of thousands of myriads of kotis of
nayutas of kalpas, have practiced this rare Law of Perfect Enlightenment. Now I
entrust it to you. Do you wholeheartedly promulgate this Law and make it increase
and prosper far and wide.”
In like manner three times he laid his hand upon the heads of the bodhisattvamahasattvas and spoke thus: “I, for incalculable hundreds of thousands of myriads of
kotis of nayutas of kalpas, have practiced this rare Law of Perfect Enlightenment. Now
I entrust it to you. Do you receive and keep, read and recite, and proclaim this Law
abroad that all living beings universally may hear and know it. Wherefore? The
Tathagata is most benevolent and compassionate, not mean and stingy, and is able
fearlessly to give the Buddha-wisdom, the Tathagata-wisdom, and the Self-existent
wisdom to all living beings. The Tathagata is the great lord of giving to all living
beings. Do you also follow and learn the Tathagata’s example, not being mean and
stingy. If good sons or good daughters in ages to come believe in the Tathagatawisdom, do you proclaim this Law-Flower Sutra to them that they may hear and know
it, in order that they may obtain the Buddha-wisdom. If there be living beings who do
not believe in it, do you show, teach, benefit, and rejoice them with the other [tactful]
profound laws of the Tathagata. If you are able thus to act, then you will have repaid
the grace of the buddhas.”
Thereupon all the bodhisattva-mahasattvas, having heard the Buddha give
this address, were all filled with great joy and paid him added reverence, bowing
themselves, bending their heads, and with folded hands saluting the Buddha, crying
with united voice: “We will do all as the World-honored One has commanded. Yea,
World-honored One! Have no anxiety.” Three times in such manner did all the host of
bodhisattva-mahasattvas cry with united voice: “We will do all as the World-honored
One has commanded. Yea, World-honored One! Have no anxiety.”
Thereupon Shakyamuni Buddha caused all the emanated buddhas, who had
come from all directions, each to return to his own land, saying: “Buddhas! Peace be
unto you. Let the stupa of the Buddha Abundant Treasures be restored as before.”
As these words were spoken, the innumerable emanated buddhas from all
directions, who were seated on lion thrones under the jewel trees, as well as the
Buddha Abundant Treasures, the host of infinite asamkhyeyas of bodhisattvas,
Eminent Conduct and others, also the four groups of hearers, Shariputra and others,
and all the worlds, gods, men, asuras, and so on, hearing the preaching of the Buddha, rejoiced greatly.

Rather than view the end times as a linear event, of terror and apocalyse passively, try seeing it as the time of transmission of the great pure Law to all beings, with the vow of spreading this One Great Secret Law to all directions and dimensions of time and space, even to the infinite past to the infinite future–all in the present moment.

All the successions and appearances of this primordial Buddha and “returning,” is nothing other than one’s own life of Buddhahood.