Watch: Are We In The End Times and How Can We Tell?

To have a Latter Day, this implies there is a “Former Day”

The Flood story origins and article --one of many-- Shows the origin of the story of the Biblical Flood and the Sumerian story.

The Biblical Adam and Eve origins this does not go into much depth

“Story of Sinuhe” Known today as a play or poem of “fiction” from around 1900 BC Of Egyptian origin.

Placed in a little boat made of reeds. Taken in by a Pharaohs family…

https://jennycarrington.tripod.com/JJSinuhe/

Mika Waltari wrote a novel based on this called “The Egyptian” a massive bestseller, made into the movie The Egyptian (1954)

I read this at an early age and also read Moses and Monotheism written by Sigmund Freud. History is not always as written and accepted.

The author John HC Pippy wrote the book below.
The author is a marine biologist, expert on Nematodes in Salmon.

To understand this book one should have studied the Pyramid texts painted and inscribed inside the Pyramids.

"Book of the Dead, the Amduat, Book of Gates, Book of Aker, Books of the Heavens and others. Parallel characters include Egypt’s Apophis as Revelation’s Satan while situations and activities in scenes include the judgment scene and singers by a lake of fire. Parallel sequences of scenes include those found in the 2nd to 12th Divisions of the Book of Gates and most of Revelation’s Chapters 15-21. Allusions to the Book of Dead are common. Finally, a key conclusion: the entire structure of the Book of Revelation can be accounted for in the organization of text and paintings on the walls and ceilings of the tomb of Ramesses VI in Egypt’s Valley of the Kings. "

There were always some priest were distorting God’s truth.

That exchange of Jesus with the leaders was concerning his allusions to His deity. They accused Him of blasphemy for calling himself God’s Son.

Jews always called their forbears “lord” to “honour their father and mother”. David called Messiah, who was David’s descendent “Lord”. But if Jesus was merely human, Jesus should call David “Lord”. It was because the Person appearing in flesh as David’s son was the same Person who formed Adam, the ancestor of Jesus, that David called Him “Lord”.

“Seth was the son of Adam. Adam was the Son of God.” As per Luke’s genealogy.

God’s work on the earth is a short work allotted 7000 years, God’s week. The last three thousand years are therefore the latter days. The 1000 years reign following the saints’ resurrection and return with Christ will be the seventh, the sabbath rest for the saints.

24 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 24:36 KJV — But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mark 13:32 KJV — But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

We should take into account that this is Jesus speaking in the present tense in the first century during the time he had emptied himself of his omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence to be a Holy Spirit dependent human being. What was true for the Son, and for old covenant humans before Calvary and Pentecost, may not be true of those who have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.

Also, he does not say “No man will know the month or the year,” even if one remains convinced that “No man knows the day or hour” means “No man will ever know the day or hour”.

One obvious sign will be Rev. 11. Our Lord won’t be returning before that.

Rev 11:3 (KJV)
Rev 11:3 KJV - 1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

1 Like

We ALL are, none ate free of sin

The Bad News: your religion, your church, the law, your efforts to be righteous, etc., won’t save you.

The Good News: you don’t need your religion, your church, the law, or your efforts to be righteous, etc., to be saved.

:+1:

2 Likes

But we do need to accept God’s choice for King of kings as our king… choosing to serve Jesus Christ as Lord and no other.

1 Like

That’s your personal interpretation. There’s no “we” beyond that.

Scripture speaks of “the time of the end.” It does not speak of “the end times.”

1 Corinthians 10:11 ". . . . . Now these things happened to them as a warning but they were written down for our instructions, upon which the "end of the ages has come."

Paul said the “end of the ages” had come on that generation. Clearly he was not saying the “end of time had arrived.”

The end of what age? The end of what age had arrived?

Jews believed in two ages – the writers of the New Covenant Scripture concurred with the Jews belief.

Jews believed “this age” and “the age to come.” — Two ages.

“This age” was the age they were living in, . . . . the age of the Law of Moses and the Old Covenant between God and the Jews.

“The age to come” was the age of the Messiah and the New Covenant that God made with the whole world - all people.

The age of Moses and the law was ending. The age of the Messiah and the New Covenant was beginning and it is eternal. Never ending.

God made this earth for his creation of mankind to dwell and to enjoy. I wish people wouldn’t take the joy out of living for others with their made-up scary tales of destruction.

Jesus’ part is done, yet people still pray for Him to do more. He made the way, travel it. We are responsible for our part.

Perfect love casts out fear. God is love.

1 Like

Thank you for that @Piper

1 Like

Not true.

Ephesians 2:7 KJV — That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:5 KJV — Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

If there are ages to come, “the age to come” is but one of those coming ages.

An age (aiOn) is simply some period of time of indeterminate length for those in it. e.g. the stone age., the computer age, the age of reason, the jurassic age…

Scripture is God’s message to His people. It is one continuous story from Genesis to the Revelation. We can know where we came from and about God’s love for His people… It is the story of man’s fall from grace, and his reconciliation to his heavenly Father.

First man Adam, and the second man Adam - God’s two creations of mankind.

The firstborn from God, was Adam, the beginning of God’s physical creation of mankind.

The firstborn begotten by the Holy Spirit from God, was Jesus – the beginning of God’s spiritual creation of mankind.

Ephesians 2 tells is that the new age was to be accomplished in the “fullness of time.” We know that Jesus appeared in the fulness of time – Galatians 4

We learn from Isaiah chapters 65 and 66 that the goal was the New Creation. Paul taught that the New Creation was a reality in Christ.

“If any man be in Christ he is a New Creation, old things are passed away, behold, all things become new.” 2 Cor 5. Eph 4 and Col 3.

That old physical law was nailed to Jesus’ cross.

*"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, (Jesus and the Jews) which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;" Colossians 2:14

These other ages that come and go have nothing to do with us and the two creations of mankind. God is not the author of confusion.

Scripture was written by the inspiration of God, by God’s people, to God’s people and it concerned God’s people.

1 Like

How can you say -

when the Holy Sipirit says -

Ephesians 2:7 KJV — That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" ?

The Book of Revelation has always been foggy to me. I’ve never understood it. Over the last bit, I’ve attempted to study it further to attempt to grasp better what the future holds. As I did, I came to the 19th and 20th Chapters where I’m concluding that after the period discussed in Matthew 24…then there is an epic battle of good vs evil that takes place, with The Lord imprisoning Satan for 1000 years.

20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain [a]in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.

Then it’s discussed there being another period where Satan is “loosed for a little time”. That said, IMO…there’s a lot more to come and I am still quite foggy about it. What I am confident of though is that I have been baptized by The Holy Spirit so as it unfolds, it is my prayer that The Lord is Glorified by my actions and words in all that I say and do while it is my turn to serve Him here on earth. This I believe all Christians can unite in.

Eph 2:7 does not take away from what I said:

Paul was writing to Ephesian Gentiles in Eph 2:7. Moses said in the “Song of Moses” that God would call the gentiles to Him. The Gentiles were not called to God by the preaching of the gospel until some 10 years after the day of Pentecost when Peter preached the first gospel sermon to only Jews.

Eph 2:10 “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. 11 Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called the uncircumcision by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands-- 12 remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near in the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby bringing the hostility to an end.”

God’s eternal purpose was the arrival of the age in which HE might gather together in ONE all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in HIM.

The Jews and Gentiles have been in that One Body in Christ for 2000 years. That’s the Unity of the Spirit. The Spirit makes us all ONE.

The end of the Age of Aries (the Ram) happened right along the birth of Christ. Thus began the Age of Pisces (the Fish).

The end of the Age of Pisces will be around the year 2160 (2+1+6+0= 9), and we will enter the Age of Acquarius (the Angel/Water Bearer/Light of God).

1 Like

I don’t believe in an actual Devil or Satan as most of the religious world believes. I believe in evil men. Devil/Satan the words means “the accuser” and “the adversary.”. … . . . an enemy of God’s people.

Jesus only preached to Israel. God sent Him to the “lost sheep of Israel”, his family, the Jews. After the 12 were commissioned to preach to the Jews, God called the apostle Paul and sent him to the Gentile nations - everybody else.

I believe the Revelation was Jesus’ last or final appeal to Israel.

I Jesus have sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.” 17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let him who hears say, “Come.” And let him who is thirsty come, let him who desires take the water of life without price. 18 I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. 20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints. Amen."

Jesus is speaking in that passage. Still only to the Jews, IMO. I believe the blessings and the curses are for the Jews. Jesus says “Surely I am coming soon.” I think he came in judgment and with rewards just like He promised and did not delay.

Gentiles didn’t have a law to transgress/sin against, the Jews did. We have our conscious and we are under grace (thanks to God) , not law. And, like he said to the Apostle Paul “My grace is sufficient for you,” I believe that.