Was there really a delay of aid to cause deaths in Ukraine as Taylor said?

When did she do that?

Hillary wasnā€™t in any office when she paid for oppo research.

Last month of federal fiscal year - September

The funds are not spent until the notification period is completeā€¦ Does September come before October?

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump was already under fire for freezing aid to Ukraine when a Republican senator set off another alarm bell: If Trump didnā€™t lift the hold now, Ukraine might lose the money altogether.

In a phone call on September 11, Ohio Sen. Rob Portman made one last pitch to the President, telling him that with the end of the fiscal year fast approaching, if he didnā€™t act soon there wouldnā€™t be time to get the money out the door, according to six sources familiar with the call.

From your article:

" What is clear however is that in the days leading up to Trumpā€™s decision, there was a confluence of significant events. National security adviser John Bolton was fired the day before Trump changed his mind, and White House officials had recently been made aware of a whistleblower complaint that had been filed concerning Trumpā€™s behavior toward Ukraine.

Trump was also under mounting pressure from several corners to release the money."

Soā€¦just selecting the whistle blower note out of all this is a little self serving by anti Trump enthusiasts. Especially when there were multiple witnesses to a conversation on the very day he released the funds telling him that if he didnā€™t release them immediately it might be too late in the fiscal year to do so.

So what changed tumpā€™s mind?

So you wont have to go back a couple of posts:

"Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump was already under fire for freezing aid to Ukraine when a Republican senator set off another alarm bell: If Trump didnā€™t lift the hold now, Ukraine might lose the money altogether.

In a phone call on September 11, Ohio Sen. Rob Portman made one last pitch to the President, telling him that with the end of the fiscal year fast approaching, if he didnā€™t act soon there wouldnā€™t be time to get the money out the door, according to six sources familiar with the call."

What most obviously changed his mind was that they were getting to the end of the fiscal yearā€¦and most immediately the above mentioned alarm bell warning on the very day he released the funds.

Irrelevantā€¦

Why did the CR passed in September have to extend the time for the aid if it was already spent?

What is relevant is that the President was advised that he had to release the funds immediately on the day he did release the funds. If a CR was needed, that would be an after the fact event.

Read the report.

If only we had the chief of staff on tape

Correct. The aid was held up.

But it was supposed be about corruption. What changed on that front or did he just cave and give them the money without them agreeing to fight corruption?

If he had decided on his own to refuse to deliver that aid there would have been serious political repercussions. I suppose that call from the Republican Senator on September 11 reminded him of that. Fortunately, he did release the aid so all we have is a fake pretend impeachment.

ā€œI gave the TV I stole, back to the store, so I shouldnā€™t be charged with stealingā€

He never stole theā€¦he did give the aid.
See the difference?

ā€œYes i withheld the promotion from her because she wouldnā€™t go out with me, but I gave it to her without going out with her after her colleague raised a concernā€

1 Like

But she got the promotion!!