Warren on forced school busing 1975

I do use it.
Thanks for your permission.

That’s just law school talk.

Looks like Warren grabbed busing by the ■■■■■■

Yet you started a thread about someone using the term in 1975 :thinking:

Yet, so what?
You know the contents of the thread. If you disapprove, why are you still posting in it?

The fear of Warren seems really strong lately.

Time to ask the Ukraine and China for some help.

2 Likes

So is it the point of this thread that Warren used a word in 1975 that you use today and you’re upset that people might get offended you use the word today and Warren is of those people so hypocrisy?

Did you read the article?

This part is pretty important…

Readers today might find the use of the term “Negro” jarring, but it’s worth noting that the term appears only in the footnotes, and mostly in direct quotes. In one footnote describing the desegregation plan at issue, Warren uses the term herself, but only to cite demographic figures relevant to the case. This was still the designation that the U.S. government used at the time.

“In 1970, 63.6 percent of the students in the city’s schools were Negro and 34.8 percent were white,” the footnote reads. “The school board’s plan, which was to be gradually effected over a three-year period, was an attempt to correct the de facto segregative effects of residential patterns. Apparently, implementation of the Board’s plan to effect ‘racial balance’ would have resulted in each city school having approximately 64 percent Negro enrollment.”

For the rest of the paper she used the term “Black”, not Negro.

2 Likes

I took a half day at work yesterday and had a chance to listen to Hannity on the drive home for the first time in a long while. He had some panel on whose members were insisting Warren was the presumptive frontrunner now, so yeah expect an uptick on the attention she gets, at least until Clinton trolls them with another “Don’t tempt me.” :wink:

1 Like

So basically, the news site is lying about her using the word.

No, she used it when appropriate, such as indexed footers. The US government still used the term at the time so when she quoted them she left their terms in place.

But when she personally addressed black people she called them black.

2 Likes

Okay, I can’t read it because they have an ad-blocker-blocker.

Yeah, I don’t see any issue here myself.

Haha ok. Let’s all freak out because Warren said “Negro” in 1975. I’d bet my shirt Trump used the other N word in 2019.

2 Likes

I guess they are just testing what is going to stick, Warren is now basically tied with Biden in polls.

The Pocahontas thing has already been played out, so new material needs to be developed.

As if her wacky far left policy isn’t enough, I mean wealth tax lol. Hey, you think anyone will point out that if it’s constitutional to seize the wealth of billionaires with a wealth tax, that people making 100-150k a year should maybe stop to think how many poor people there are that might decide they want some of their 401k money and have a financial incentive to elect those that will help them get it?

You and I both know the wealth tax is never going to happen.

But I think the Ultra wealthy need to kick in a bit more. They pay less as a percentage of the income than someone making less than 40k a year. They should pay the most since they make the most, and I don’t mean absolute numbers but as a percentage of their overall income.

I don’t favor a flat tax, but I think all income is income and should be taxed equally, including capital gains as an individual. And I think deductions are fine to a point and no further. There should be a basement that you cannot drop below as an overall rate. For someone making over 200 million a year their rate after adjustments shouldn’t be less than 25%, but they often come in under 10%.

That was one example of her quackery, there are plenty more.

At least it’s not as bad as this little nugget.
You know you’ve made it to the big leagues when these clowns are after you. :rofl:

I pointed that out earlier, but I didn’t completely bring the horse to the water. :rofl:

These people rarely read their own links past the title.

2 Likes

We’re not talking about months ago. Try to stay in the present please.